is the Kmart win an iphone survey legit?

I clicked a picture of a christmas shirt which I thought an ad on right panel of Ebay, it took me to a supposed Kmart survey to win and iphone 15, I answerd the questions (no personal info there), at finish could pick 2 presents to see if I won, I won on 2nd pick but then wanted personal information with a timer counting down.  I stopped at this point.  Seemed to good to be true but was it?  Why was it on Ebay?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

It’s a scam. Every piece of information you gave has gone to the scammer. Could anything you answered be a password hint or secret question for any account you have? This information will be added to your name, eBay username information, probably your browsing history, etc. There may be a keylogger or malware on your device.

I’d suggest not entering any password on that device at present. I’d also suggest getting it checked by a tech professional. On a completely different and secure device, you may want to take steps to change all of your passwords and any password hints / account questions that might be affected.

If it sounds too good to be true ... it is.

These things rely on people's gullibility.

It wasn’t on Ebay

it was a third party ad on the page

Just like any site you go to will have

109% a scam

Just like the recent Bunnings one where people supposedly won a drill

Scam

hollybrha0
Community Member

no i got it on the second try as well