spam/fishing?

off3926
Community Member

I have received this email today. Neither my husband or myself have made a purchase on ebay. No other family members. Has anyone experienced this? Where do I report this? As I don't know how to get in touch with ebay questions/answers/complaints.

Looking forward to get some reply, thanks in advance.

eBay

Tax Invoice

Purchase Confirmation

DF#YF6Q68HFK8446DJ

Dear ***

Thank you for shopping on eBay. We'll send a confirmation when your order ships. Your estimated delivery date is indicated below. If you would like to view the status of your order or make any changes to it. Please contact our Customer Service at 

Complete checkout on

Ship To:

Order Details:

Product

Amount

LED TV-LG UDH34215803 UDH 4K 65"

$475.00

Delivery Date

Item Subtotal

$475.00

15 Dec – 18 Dec

Shipping & Handling

Free

Qty

Subtotal

$475.00

Total

$475.00

If you use a mobile device, you can receive notifications about the delivery of your package and track it from our Customer Service

Some products have a limited quantity available for purchase. Please see the product's Detail Page for the available quantity. Any order which exceeds this quantity will be automatically cancelled.

We hope to see you again soon.

This email was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Just forward it to :

spoof@ebay.com.au

Then delete it.

I would wait and see of a TV arrives.

I'd also check all the funding sources I use for eBay purchases to see that no payment was made.

This type of email is trying to catch you while your guard is down at a busy time of the year.

Another thing you can do is to click on the sender in the email.  It is likely to show an email address nothing like eBay's. 

20231217_102754.jpg