Cannibal Holocaust listing removed.

Cannibal Holocaust listing removed despite rhaving an official r-rating and plenty of others are selling it. What gives? This is not a banned movie since 2005 and is always available to buy on ebay, Sanity, Amazon, etc.

In a chat with a supervisor located in India! i was told that i must not sell r-rated movies on ebay then i awas referred to pages with policies, none of which really apply to this particular film or even the r-rating itself.

How and where can i complain about this and get this fixed and not waste my time and nerves?

Any lawyers here? 

Cheers

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It may simply be that the eBay computer robot has picked up on the word Holocaust.

Holocaust and Nazi related items are not permitted on eBay.

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

But there are over 20 items of this title listed on ebay Australia. And it happened to me only after relisting it.

The chat-service was incredibly unhelpful even up to the supervisor. No budge, final decision and not even a referral to an Australian customer service representative. Not good. ANd they even have searchable criteria for r-rated movies with over 18,000 results in Australia alone. To me they said: Cannibalism is a no-no. That would include so many movies up to Silence of the Lambs. Same with sexual violence. That applies to a lot of action-revenge-thriller-horror-drama films which are mostly all r-rated too.

Any way to get to talk to an Australian about this?

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I see. 

Unfortunately all eBay's service centres are off shore.

If it is only the one dvd you have then maybe gift it to someone and not spend any more time on it.

image host
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Unfortunately this is the fairly price US Grindhouse release and after selling this one i wanted to sell the super rare fully uncut Danish release + Soundtrack. Also I have nobody i could give this to.

The main thing is though: This is not a banned movie! It has the official r-rating (the same as Mad Max) and other are happily selling theirs in Australia (Nothing wrong with that either). And i got singled out for this one.

I am wondering somebody just stumbled across mine and reported it. But even then I am talking about a movie you can order from Sanity and probably pick up in any shopping mall where they have a shop. It's just so random and annoying.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply