J E Macdonnell do the numbers make a price difference?

I did a search through completed listings but I couldn't see whether the numbers in the Collector's series were better high or low

I know some series like that, it depends on numbers produced. The higher numbers at the beginning or the end seems to make a big difference in availability

Does anyone know about J E Mcdonnell? Collectors Series and Classic Series.

Thanks everyone

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

go-tazz
Community Member

With these it also depends on the story line.

The main two chractars are Dutchy Holland and Captain Bentley.

So some will collect one type and not the otther and you will also have stories where they are together.

The first editions do seem to be going up in price but not many of these are in good condition.

The collector's editions seem to be gaining in popularity.

I did have the first 136 standard editions about 20 odd  years ago but sold them at auction back then for $40,:O:^O

But then I also sold 5 original Beatles records for $10 about a week before JL got stabbed,:_|

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks Taz

I'll have to see how I go. I won't be listing seperately, there are 60+ books!!

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

yarmak
Community Member

listing seperately yeilds much higher $$

Dave

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I think I'm missing an odd one from my collection. I prefer the original series because of the cover designs but have many of the gold and silvers too just so I could get the book I needed.  Haven't looked at them in a few years though.

~ Mon ~
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks everyone. I may try seperately over a couple of months to keep fees down. Then list the unsold ones in a bulk lot.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Thank you Dave for suggesting I list separately, I am selling for more than I thought I would.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

yarmak
Community Member

my pleasure ๐Ÿ™‚

Dave

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

JE Macdonnell wrote 172 navy books. This includes non fiction. All up including short stories/magazines/journals he wrote 262 known works. He also wrote under half a dozen names. His original Horwitz Naval Stories had 147 books. His Classic (silver) series had 141 books and his Collectors (gold) series also has 141 books but the classic and collectors werenโ€™t all the same books. If you have those collections you are still 31 books short and this matters because he kept writing about characters in the series. Some sellers gouge. With 172 books this is shortsighted.
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

I doubt it is relevant to georgy EIGHT years down the track.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply