Defunct Searches - receiving emails for old saved searches

Hi Ebay,

Letting you know that in the last month approx, I have started receiving emails for saved searches that I deleted many years ago (approx 8 years ago).

I can't delete the saved search because it no longer exists.

I can't utilise the "disable search" button within the email, because it takes me to an "input error" screen - which responds to the "unsubscribe email" command.  

This makes (weird) sense, because the saved search no longer exists.

Why has this recommenced (through no action of mine)

Receiving approx 10 emails a day about things that are not relevant to me is quite irritating. Could you please investigate and stop.

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

eBay don't read the boards. They are a member to member forum.

Somebody here might have an idea, but eBay certainly won't investigate on the strength of your post.

Try contacting them directly.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

I have the same problem. There seems to be no way of actually contacting Customer Support these days to try to resolve the problem.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I've just looked in eBay account settings, Communication Preferences and found a list of my saved searches, even though I have deleted most of them. Look for heading called "Saved" and click show.  Next to the saved searches is a drop down box for "Email frequency" and for the really old search which I have deleted it was showing "Real-time" as the frequency. I've changed this to none to see if that stops them. Will report back.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Anybody have luck with this?   I have also been getting saved searches from 10+ years ago.  I don't see them under my communication preferences.  I reported the e-mails to eBay as suspicious, and they tried to tell me that they were phishing e-mails, even though the links are all genuine, as are the message headers.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Having the same problem for the past couple of months.

Tried checking my communications frequency for old (since deleted) searches as suggested above but still getting spammed.

Seems like somebody at Ebay has broken something. A shame they don't really want to listen...

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply