Ebay is freezing constantly as I try to search on it. I run chrome. Just with ebay.

Ebay is freezing when I use it, all the time. I run chrome as my browser. Only happens in ebay. thanks robyn

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Ebay is freezing constantly as I try to search on it. I run chrome. Just with ebay.

I gather Ebay is trying to make money from Ads in a big way. You'll notice its when the Ads are loading that the pages freeze.

First turn off Adsense in Google, this will stop targeted ads, unfortunately thats as much as you can do, Ebay will still be slow but hop fully not freeze as much. 

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

I am sorry to hear this. I did just clear my cookies and browsing data and that did resolve the issue. Sorry I can't be of ufrther help. Best wishes for resolving it. r

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

@servicensw77 wrote:

I gather Ebay is trying to make money from Ads in a big way. You'll notice its when the Ads are loading that the pages freeze.

First turn off Adsense in Google, this will stop targeted ads, unfortunately thats as much as you can do, Ebay will still be slow but hop fully not freeze as much. 

OR....

install an Adblocker, as has been recommended many times on the general boards (the ones that get read and responded to by other than those of us who apparently have no life). That stops almost all ads, not just targeted ones through Google.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

@servicensw77 wrote:

OR....

install an Adblocker, as has been recommended many times on the general boards (the ones that get read and responded to by other than those of us who apparently have no life). That stops almost all ads, not just targeted ones through Google.

Adblocker has also been recommended on this thread, and a link posted.

There are only a certain number of times you can make a recommendation....too bad if members don't read the answers when thy ask questions.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply