Images in the Shop Pages suddenly have black backgrounds and look dreadful.

I have only recently returned to Ebay and i must admit, i am not overly impressed, same old issues and it is murder trying to resolve anything even when speaking with Ebay on the phone.

Using new templates which worked fine last week, i upload products and all looks good. I go to my shop and suddenly they have black backgrounds, the product (Darts) is sort of jaggedly cut around with white edges and look totally shocking.

I spoke on  ebay chat and was told the listings were corrupt, to delete and start again. I did this to no availal.

I spoke on the phone and she tells me that Ebay have technical issues and that it will be resolved, no time frame can be given.

I wasted 6 hrs working on this today and not one item was successully lisyted in that time. I got 5 done and all 5 are **bleep**.

Too much wasted time is too much wasted money and unless  can resolve this very fast, I will turn Ebay off again because it is not cost effective for me.

Has anyone else got these image issues????

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Hi. Just clicked on one of your black listings and when it opened, the image had a white background and looked fine.
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks for replying.

I know when it opens it looks fine but when it is just in the shop on the display grid, it looks shocking. That is the issue, its so bad no buyer will look 😞

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Aside from the pic problems, you may be better to close the store and just list with the 40 freebies every month.

A store becomes more cost effective when you have 100 - 200 or more listings.

image host
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

HI 🙂

I will probably have well over 500 listings when i can list them......but until i resolve the image issue i cant do so.

I have 6 months free for the store given i was a powerseller that left a long time ago and they are giving me 6 months free to try and entice me back.

BUt i cant afford to waste 5hrs in one day and not acheieve a single decent looking product listing. They were fine last week, this week they look disgusting, hence everything was deleted to resolve the issues.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply