MY FABULOUS 30 MINUTE DATE WITH EBAY CUSTOMER SERVICE

Ever tried to resolve an ongoing tech issue with eBay customer service?  Here's a copy of the transcript of the "help" I received using the chat option when I contacted them a short time ago.  Frustrating AND useless...

skaterbrodude-3 15:36 PM WHEN WILL I BE ABLE TO REVISE MY RELISTED ITEMS? I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR FOUR DAYS FOR YOU TO FIX THIS ISSUE. YOU ARE COMPROMISING MY AUCTIONS. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

Ajay 15:41 PM I am sorry to inform you that revise the listing option in not yet workingg.

Ajay 15:42 PM I would like to inform you that this has already been escalated to the technical team and they are working on it.

skaterbrodude-3 15:42 PM YOU TOLD ME THAT FOUR DAYS AGO

Ajay 15:43 PM I can understand that but unfortunately it is not yet fixed.

Ajay 15:43 PM I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience you have experienced.

Ajay 15:44 PM May I know the item number you're trying to revise?

skaterbrodude-3 15:45 PM 112566996226

Ajay 15:45 PM May I know the changes you want to do in this listing ?

skaterbrodude-3 15:46 PM and another 11 similar items. I want to lower the starting price to encourage bidding as I have watchers on all these items

Ajay 15:47 PM The starting price of this item currently is AU $12.95 please let know the amount you want to update.

skaterbrodude-3 15:48 PM I want to change the starting price of all 12 items from 12.95 to 9.95. I want to change free post to 2.50 and I want to change the description text to let buyers know that the postage cost is maximum 2.50 no matter how many charts they buy.

Ajay 15:48 PM Let me try to revise the starting price of this item.

skaterbrodude-3 15:49 PM you must also change the postage cost to $2.50 then please

Ajay 15:52 PM I am sorry to inform you that on auction style listing it is not possible to change the starting price..

skaterbrodude-3 15:53 PM since when??? I do it all the time mate

Ajay 15:53 PM Please check the link given below to check this.

Ajay 15:53 PM http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/revising_restrictions.html

skaterbrodude-3 15:55 PM Are there bids? No. You can: Reduce the starting price of your item

Ajay 15:56 PM I can understand that you're right there are no bids on this item.

Ajay 15:58 PM I am sorry it is due to technical issue still not working.

skaterbrodude-3 15:59 PM why is this not affecting other sellers? WHY AM I PREVENTED FROM REVISING MY LISTINGS?

Ajay 16:00 PM I've tried to revise the item number 112570862864 where I changed the starting price from AU$49.96 to AU$49.95 and it has been successfully changed.

Ajay 16:00 PM It not your account many member are facing the same issue .

Ajay 16:01 PM Our team is working on it and it will fixed soon.

skaterbrodude-3 16:01 PM no. nobody is talking about it on the discussion boards.

skaterbrodude-3 16:01 PM if it affected everyone there would be lots of complaints. instead it seems to be just my account that is affected

Ajay 16:01 PM I am escalating this to the concerned team and will get back to you on this.

Ajay 16:02 PM As some of the items are able to revise.

Ajay 16:03 PM Please wait we will get back to you once it will resolved.

skaterbrodude-3 16:03 PM I'VE ALREADY BEEN WAITING FOUR DAYS

Ajay 16:04 PM I can understand that but as it is technical issue it can take time to get fixed.

Ajay 16:04 PM I am really sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

skaterbrodude-3 16:05 PM If these auctions had been revised as soon as they relisted (like I always do) then these items may have bids instead of just watchers. NOT HAPPY.

Ajay 16:05 PM I can understand that But I will get back to you as soon as I will get the revert from the technical team.

skaterbrodude-3 16:07 PM so you cannot revise my listings. WHO CAN?

Ajay 16:07 PM I am sorry but Currently it is not possible .

skaterbrodude-3 16:08 PM but you just told me you were able to revise a listing. I want to be put in contact with somebody who can change mine.

skaterbrodude-3 16:09 PM or tell me why I am restricted from revising items

Ajay 16:09 PM I am sorry I tried to revise it but did not worked

Ajay 16:09 PM It is techical issue.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

There is no mention of it on the discussion boards, so it's only you? Open your eyes dude! It's very widespread.

Try revising via the app. That is working for those who have it. 

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

in your case I would open my listing, copy the HTML text and end listing.. start a new lsitng by paste HTML text  into the right section, add your pics, header etc and set the correct price...

waisting any minute with eBay help cost you more then you gain.....

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply