Security measure challenge

gnappi
Community Member

A few days ago I started  getting this message whenever I try to view my cart, or go to HELP. 

The "SOLVED" replies here (the one that worked is at the end of this post) are laughable.  

My browser  (Vivaldi /Chrome) has been updated every few months, most recently (due to this foolishness) today, 2/21/23 . My settings are NOT inhibiting cookies, my browser is NOT deleting cookies on exit, and I have NOT downloaded or enabled any plugins,  and I CAN go into and out of any Ebay page (watch list, Bids and offers, Purchases, and Messages from links on my desktop OR from Ebay internal links, and no other site has  been giving me issues, AND I am not changing browsers. So PLEASE do not suggest these issues as being the culprit. 

Now, after I deleted ALL my Ebay only cookies (You can do this with Ala carte with Vivaldi desktop) I got "A new device is using your account"  message... Umm, no I haven't  changed a thing either. 

During a call from Ebay the gal said "you're the first to report this issue" but clearly google disagrees with her statement.

FINALLY, during a call to Ebay today, I got a young man that simply asked if he could send a verification to my cell phone and VOILA! problem SOLVED 🙂 

I hope this works for you, now just try and find the way to get Ebay to call you! 

ebay challenge.jpg

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

The solved replies are laughable

I am not sure how you would know what worked for other people, who marked their own thread as having been solved

Especially when you are registered in The USA and commenting about what worked for members in Australia 

What worked for people here, not working for you in a different country 

And you have not asked for other members help here before

IF you had, the first reply would have advised you that you'd need to ask on the forum for eBay USA

Not come to the one for Oz carp all over the answers/suggestion given by members in Oz for members for eBay Oz

I think those who marked their own post as having been solved did not do so to be funny 

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Ebay policies are not much different worldwide, my solution just may be a better global solution than deleting cookies, you go your own way if you like I was trying to help. 

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply