There seems to be a fault / issue with ebay website in regards to tracking an item when it;s listing

Hi....I have noticed a new issue with the website in regards to listings I have had on my 'watch' list, which have run their specified duration and then been re-listed'. Sometimes I like to follow items and again place them on my 'watch list if they dont sell and get re-listed. 

When I click on the button "seller has relisted this item" I get an immediate message saying something along the lines of  'this listing no longer available - and check out what we have found for you", and offering me a link to something similar.

However, when I return to the same sellers actual site and click iIems for sale, I can see it has actually been relisted and is active.  

This seems to be a new issue, and it is happening with every 'expired listing, that I have had on my 'watch List' which displays - 'seller has relisted this item'. 

How to rectify please?  It's really misleading and clunky.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

There seems to be a fault / issue with ebay website in regards to tracking an item when it;s listing

Where it says "this listing no longer available...", click on the word listing and it takes you to the original listing. I don't know whether that'll have the old message to say it's been relisted or not, but if it doesn't there's a chance they relisted using Sell Similar rather than Relist.
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Yes, it is a major problem. 

I was bidding on several items this morning and every time a listing ended and I did not win I was presented with another item that I might like instead of being able to see what the item had sold for.

It has been happening for at least a week now.

I also noticed that some auctions have been ending several seconds earlier than their advertised time which is why I was missing out....I was trying to place my bids in the last 10 seconds.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply