What causes the 'No healthy upstream' error. I can't bid on anything or even see these items in full

I have been trying to use eBay today but I keep getting an error saying 'no healthy upstream'.

I haven't been able to bid or anything and it is quite annoying, as I need to get something quickly for a conference I am putting together.

When will this be fixed?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

What causes the 'No healthy upstream' error. I can't bid on anything or even see these items in full

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I have never seen that error so all I can suggest is to clear cache and cookies and reboot your computer.

A lot of minor problems can be fixed by just turning your computer off for a few minutes....have you tried that?

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

People here have no way of knowing when eBay will fix things that need fixing

Despite the blurb about 'checking for technical issues' eBay staff do not read here

I have not had the same issue as yet, but you need to contact ebay and tell them (they will no doubt tell you they will escalate it to the tech team, which *might* happen but more likely not, so the best option would be to speak with a supervisor 

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

It's happening all over. I just rang Ebay and they are 'looking into it'. They tried to tell me it was my browser or computer, but I told them it's being reported on the forums all over, so they really need to get onto it! (check out the thread below). It's not the first time this has happened either.
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

In the short time since I posted my suggestion for a quick fix the problem has escalated.....there are numerous reports springing up on the boards.

It is definitely time to report it to ebay....the more reports the better.

It is anybody's guess when it might be fixed.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I posted a thread about this issue a while ago and it looks like it's happening again grrrrrrr

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Unfortunately in the circumstances I am in I don't have the ability to restart the computer (a shared PC used at a work station). 

I have found though that if I keep tapping the back button then retry the link, sometimes it will work. Usually I have to try 10-20 times.

Trying different browsers didn't work either!

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

June 20, 2022 (NO HEALTHY UPSTREAM NOTICE) 4 YEARS LATER AND EBAY HAS NOT FIXED IT. WOW!

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply