duplicate and triple listing of items when searching a seller

qualan
Community Member

There seems to be an issue with seller listings.  I search various sellers site for postcards.   Always there are items which come up more than once in the same search.  It has been happening for some months and happens on nearly every site where there are a lot of items.  It is very annoying and time-consuming.  I know that there are overlaps when moving on to the next page, but the duplicate and sometimes triple listings can be pages after the first appearance.  Anyone have any thoughts?  

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Probably sellers who have multiple accounts. They may have multiples of the same item, where they'll list one on each account (which they're not supposed to, but it's not policed), or they have one item and putting it over multiple accounts hoping a buyer might see it on one account or the other.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Promoted listings may appear more than once in some sorts: once as a sponsored listing, and then again as a non-sponsored "organic" listing. If the items have the same item number, that may be what you are seeing.

If the items have different item numbers and are being sold by the same seller, those can be reported to eBay as duplicate listings.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

to add.....sellers are allowed duplicate listings if 1 is BIN & the other is Auction - I have several

Duplicate listings policy | eBay

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply