every day I'm told my password is wrong even tho I copy and paste HELP

Several times now after pasting my password in I've been told it was wrong.... so I changed it.. it works once or twice

then tells me it's wrong again.  I've called support, it took them a while.. "fixed" it.. worked 2 days and now it again tells

me it's wrong.

Trying to go to chat it says temporarly not available, trying to call.. it asks for a password..... grrrrrrr it's like being stuck in 

a vicious loop.  Taking all the fun out of e-bay.

Please can anyone help me fix this once and for all?

thank you

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Try this, may be it is your computer and not eBay, If NBN or ADSL turn off the computer and the router at the wall. Reboot the whole system. Run your anti-virus, such as McAfee, or Windows Defender, and do a full scan. Then clear all cookies, history and cached data.
Then turn off power for the computer and router and NBN equipment at the wall again.
After 5 minutes reboot. Then log on. Do not use Internet explorer switch to Microsoft EDGE that comes with Windows 10.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

When it comes up with the 'oops' message, try clicking on sign in again. Don't do anything else, just click sign in.

That happens with one of my accounts and the second attempt always works.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Still running windows 7....... I know.... shock..... horror.....

Now it lets me in AFTER clicking on the authenticate button they send after clicking on "change password".... go figure.... glad I can get in... but it's very annoying....

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@1-magpie wrote:

Still running windows 7....... I know.... shock..... horror.....

Now it lets me in AFTER clicking on the authenticate button they send after clicking on "change password".... go figure.... glad I can get in... but it's very annoying....

Don't take any notice of robboscoke. That's his standard cut and paste reply to everything. He can't accept that there are people who don't use windoze 10, myself included.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Or the NBN

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

The NBN was forced onto me. I had no choice. I pay a lot more per month, for the same speeds.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply