popup authentication mediaplex

Is anyone else getting popups from mediaplex, requesting authentication and requiring another login?  I just keep hitting the "cancel" button, but this is getting annoying. General research is contradictary. Some say it is Malware, others say it is a tracking Cookie, harmless, but shows as Malware depending on what Security you have. I have cleared all cookies out done a full scan, showed nothing, gone to no other websites and yet this still persists, seems to just be on eBay.  Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Have you done an adaware scan?

That will pick up stuff that's not actually a virus.

But, no, I haven't experienced it.

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

yep, i was just about to ask the same thing.
I had a quick look  but couldnt see any other posts about it.

Till i was writing the title of my own post and your post came up in the similar titles popup.

I've read elswhere others have tried clearing cookies and history etc but it keeps reappearing.

Pain in the bum and a little sus

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

i probably couldnt see it because you posted in technical issues der.
might be worth posting in selling as well?
Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

Thank heavens I am not the only one!!!

It's driving me mad. Like another , I just keeping hitting the cancel and it just keeps popping up.

I have no idea who, what, or why this is happening. Just wish it would remain cancelled forever.

Yes, it's been a tough day!!!

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

Yes, just on ebay and no where else. Another glitch maybe???
Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

I'm reluctant to try these so-called free Malware scanners, as how would you know they are legitimate, or they themselves are not Malware.  I am using Trend Micro, has worked well for me for the past 12 years.  I am going to contact them about this. A full scan has showed nothing.

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

I have only noticed this in the past few days, is that when it started for the rest of you? It started for me around Thurs 7th, or Friday 8th. I didn't pay much attention at first, thought it just to be a glitch. 

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

It has nothing to do with selling, comes up when you are logged on to eBay regardless of what you are doing.
Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

Yes, am receiving it at least 10 times per day
Message 10 of 23
Latest reply