where do i start.. issues with history, cart and messages....

I have tried to message ebay but no help. Ok so bare with me as i have a few issues.

1/ questions from potential bidders dont show up. It says someone asked a questions, i click "respond" and it goes to a page where i can send them a message but no message showing, I check inbox nothing. Then if I message them through the respond area it shows as a new message, which is random cause I dont know these people and how can I just send them a message?

2/ Purchase history error. Sometimes it load and sometimes it gives me error, this has been happening for 2+ years, ebay has been told and they havent fixed. 

3/ Cart issues. Items paid for and show in purchase history (when I can get it to load) and i can see money has gone through and all seems good then items pop back into cart again, I have paid for a few items twice and others i try to remove and they appear again.Tonight even had items from months and months ago appear.

I have tried to contact ebay especially about the last issue and was told how to pay for items, which wasnt helping issue and now they have stopped replying to my messages. I have a bunch of screen shots but no way of sending them to ebay.

Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It's Freaky Friday, eBay maintenance day.

This may account for some of the recent probs.

Try again tomorrow.

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Oh no freaky friday has nothing to do with this, this has been going on for weeks/months/years.

Purchase history error has been happening for 2 years.

Cart issue has been happening for weeks now

Message issues have been happening all week

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Ok, then try clearing cookies and temp internet files then restart computer.

Use Chrome if using another browser.

Cart has always had problems for many members.

image host
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

allfixelectrical
Community Member

Random questions from unknown buyers are most likely due to the newest stupid feature introduced by ebay where they have put a big Submit Question box and link near the bottom of listings which allows the buyer to ask a question of the "ebay community" about the item.

Unfortunately what this means is that you get a question but no details about who sent it. The question is also posted to the bottom of your listing and anyone can see it.

If you answer it then the answer also is placed at the bottom of your listing for anyone to see and tests I have carried out myself indicate that the buyer who asked the question is never notified.

Neither the question, nor the answer appear in your ebay messages lists nor is the answer forwarded back to your own email so it is impossible to search for the communications in any way in the future.

As the Ask Seller a Question About This Item link used to be near the bottom of listings for the past couple of years, buyers are clicking on this new "feature" thinking they are communicating with you directly.

The Ask Seller a Question link has now been moved up to the top righthand side of listings underneath your user ID in the Seller Information box and has been renamed to Contact Seller in a very small link.

Obviously eBay are trying to discourage ALL communications between buyers and sellers.

If the question asked requires you to ask for additional information from the buyer then there is no way you can do it.

The end result is the buyer gets annoyed with you because you have failed to answer their question as they think you have ignored them. If you do reply and they are lucky enough to realise they need to go back to the listing they originally asked the question on to see the answer, then communication is possible but you still never know who you are corresponding with and the whole world can see the conversation.

To make matters worse, we have also sometimes found when testing the feature between different user ID's that the question is never forwarded to the seller's email at all and so they receive no notification that a question has even been asked.

Ebay have had some dumb ideas over the years that have caused problems and loss of business to sellers, but this one takes the cake.

Purchase history has never worked properly since the current ebay interface has been in place for well over 2 years. Don't hold you breath waiting for them to fix that problem ever.

Similarly the Cart has also never worked properly like shopping carts are expected to work on other eCommerce sites and despite hundreds, possibly thousands of complaints by sellers, again don't hold your breath on it being fixed any time soon.

Problems include not calculating combined postage correctly, items reappearing in the cart after payment, reminders that you have items in your cart when in fact it is just a stupid advertising ploy to buy something, inability to combine orders at all with items being processed and paid separately with full postage on each item, and so on.

These problems don't seem to occur if the Buy Now button is used instead. Unfortunately, however, if the seller has offered a promotion, eg "Buy 5 items and get 5% Off",  then often using the Buy Now button instead of the Cart causes the promotion to be ignored and full price charged.

Ebay customer service, even at PowerSeller level has become a joke and exists simply to fob people off with cut & paste answers by operators who seem to be either deliberately trying deny any ebay responibility for problems, or perhaps unaware of current issues and policies either due to lack of training or ignorance.

Most of the time I have had emailed replies to issues, I have found them to blatantly lie about the reason for the issue or what is being done to rectify the issue.

The standard answer is clear cache & cookies. Unfortunately clearing your own cache & cookies is never going to fix the programming errors on the ebay site.

There have been issues that I have reported 10 times or more over 2-3 years and am almost always advised by the current customer service representative that it is the first time they have been made aware of that particular problem by anyone anywhere throughout the ebay platform and they take everything on board and promise to pass it onto the "technical team". Of course nothing ever gets done or fixed.

Sorry for the long-winded reply but quite frankly I am fed up with the problems on this site and the poor customer service provided as I am sure you are too.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply