How to teach an old dog new tricks... how do I accurately describe a pair of well worn shoes.

I only began "reselling" on ebay in late January and after working hard I opened my store several months ago. 

I still find every day that there are so many things I don't know about.

I could use help with two things today. Firstly how to describe a pair of lovely vintage heeled shoes that are in fantastic condition, except the insoles look "well worn". I recently had a listing pulled for using that term. I contacted support to ask why it had been removed and boy did I learn a thing or two that day. Who knew that there are some people who have a fetish for well worn ladies shoes. 😮😲🤣

When I listed the shoes I thought I did so accurately as the insoles are well worn, but also well cared for. I haven't relisted the shoes yet because I honestly don't know how to say in the listing that the insoles are well worn without actually saying they are well worn.

Secondly I have a Sky Dancer PLUSH doll that also got delisted some time ago. I've seen other people list Sky Dancers - even the spinning flying ones that have been banned. I thought I listed my plush skydancer in a similar manner - but it got removed. This is not a flying spinning doll. It is like the top half of a Barbie doll with the bottom half being soft stuffed legs. So please give me some suggestion as to how I can list my vintage Sky Dancer doll without it being pulled again.

My store is full-time for me and as much as I've grown it so far, I want that it to keep on growing, and I want to keep on learning so I'd love to hear the tips and tricks that more experienced sellers have picked up that newbies are unlikely to know.  

Cheers

grogeybear from Grogey's Patch 😊

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

How to teach an old dog new tricks... how do I accurately describe a pair of well worn shoes.

for the shoes: I would say: You need to use your own insoles

for the skydancer: don't mention Barbie

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Thanks. For the shoes it's more what to put in the title - I had them listed along the lines of:

Vintage Sandler Size 7B Topic Ivory Leather Well Worn Soles Australian Made Shoes

Do I just not mention the wear in the title and then describe it in the condition and description?

Cheers 

grogeybear from Grogey's Patch

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

yes, try it

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply