EBay Plus express shipping policy

maa295
Community Member

I was not really understanding the Ebay plus express shipping option and since it is changing in February I am even more unlcear. What i seem to think is happening is:

as of  February 8 2022, If I list an item for $9 up to $15 Ebay will subsidise the express postage by $2.50 so I as a seller will get $2.50 BUT only if I send it express post and wear the extra cost.  It the item is above $15 eBay will subsidise Express post by $4 (but only if I send it express. So the buyer does not incur any cost if purchased on Ebay plus. However when I list free postage I only ever say it will be standard delivery free postage and I ask the buyer to pay an extra $4 (or thereabouts ) to access  Express post. Can someone explain what the buyer is seeing when they buy my items , do they get asked to contribute to express post or only eBay provides the subsidy if I send the item express.  Furthermore what constitutes Express Post, is it onlyh Aust Post Express post or is a courier considered Express Post?

Hope this makes sense, as I have been wondering how it all works.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Can't help. sorry. I ensure that  none of my items qualify. And even then, I don't offer express.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

cezm
Community Member

There's a list of express services in the ebay plus seller centre

eBay Plus for Sellers | Seller Centre

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I know this dates back a while but did you get an answer to your question?

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

as a seller, if you wear the "ebay plus" badge that means maximum one day dispatch time, "reasonable" express postage fee and other standard criteria for a trust worthy seller

then, for a buyer with "ebay plus subscription", they do not see anything else in your listing, but at the checkout they have express postage for free to choose as that is what one of "ebay plus" benefits, obviously buyers will pick it if they see the option

you as a "ebay plus seller" has no choice but to send via express or cop consequences if buyer made the complaint 

if you sell a reasonable lot of items, the chances of you hitting a "ebay plus buyer" is low or they didn't check the express post option, otherwise you change your status to loose the ebay plus seller badge and risk lower sales

personal opinion is, ebay plus only benefits to ebay

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply