Has ebay removed the most number of bids as an option from saved searches?

Hello....I notice my saved searches no longer have the option to search on highest number of bids. Has ebay made a permanent change and removed this option? If anyone else knows, I'd appreciate the info.

Thanks

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

stroboscopic
Community Member

Just noticed the same thing myself ... not helpful for my searches.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

I won't mention my opinion of those who would use that as a search criteria.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

No please, explain away. Passive-aggressive comments are always fascinating to read.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I would be interested to know why anyone would use highest number of bids as a search criteria too.

Could you please explain?

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Sure. I am interested in vinyl records. There are currently just over 7000 auction LPs as opposed to 223,000 Buy-It-Now LPs. A search for showing what has the most bids is a useful tool to assess the value and rarity of an item. Often albums are unexpectedly sought after. It was also a good way to watch what was of interest to the market at that time.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks for the explanation.

It is not really a criteria I would have any use for but I can see how you woud find it useful for your searches.

It is interesting to see how different search criteria are useful in different circumstances....you learn all the time on the boards.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I won't mention what I think of trolls who make comments for no reason other than to get noticed... how about an actual answer to the question? The most bids first option allows people who look through thosands of items to weed through the 99.9% of garbage to find what they're looking for faster. eBay is already terrible as a search engine.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

I used to use this to have a sticky-beak at my friend's auctions to see how many she had bids on.  She knew I was doing it and it saved her telling me which ones had bids.  Now I'll have to scroll through all of her listings if I want to know.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Yes ebay has confirmed they have removed the "most bids first" search option. No reason why. And I used this all the time too. Like stroboscopic, I am a book collector/seller and this search made it so much easier to see what was selling, what was popular and what prices certain items were selling for. In my opinion ebay have not done themselves any favours by removing it as it makes it harder for potential buyers to find interesting/rare items and now makes then have to scroll through pages of listings they have no interest in. And why would any business make it harder for their customers to sell or purchasers to buy?      

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply