I am locked out of my account.

I am locked out of my account due to the password reset. The email address and phone numbers to which the new passwords are sent are old ones and no longer operational. I contaced ebay but was not sent a response that solved the problem. I have to pay people. I am worried because my hands are tied. What do I do?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I went through all this on my buying ID. My email was old, my phone number was outdated, so I was in an endless loop of changing password, logging in, changing password. I had to ring about 6 times to get someone who could change it all for me. Once they updated all my info and they sent me a link I was able to get in. Keep trying.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Thank you. Very long waits online chat and phone numbers - hours. Could take weeks to actually reach someone but will keep trying.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

don't waste your time on email or online chat. Just keep ringing. I found late afternoon the best time to get through. I think the longest I had to wait was about 1/2 hour

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

OK. I'll just keep ringing. Thanks.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

I had same problem and waiting customers. eBays best advice was to make a new account. eBay CSR's are real problem solvers.

You will have more luck trying to get a pw reset on your email address.
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

2 and a half months, crazy. I suspect the issue has been resolved. Especially as it was the change password thing.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I'm just flattered that I have you as a follower ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

This has happened to me also. What a joke!!!
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

The 4 year old password change requirement? Maybe you should log in more often.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply