57 offer messges from ebay on items not even watched

Hi everyone....  Just recently  I have found   because I only “look” at an item and do not even  add it to my Watch List, I get inundated with emails from eBay  and special offers from the sellers.   I didn't check ebay for two days and came back to 57 messages ...  all special offers on items I clicked on  to have a closer look and then  had  no further interest in .  If ebay is going to continue this it will almost certainly ruin the browsing experience for buyers and makes it quite difficult to  discern offers on items they have a genuine interest in.  I literally feel bombarded.  Is there a way to control these notifications ?

I have always only recieved offers on things I have placed on "Watch".  

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

imastawka
Honored Contributor

You can change your communication preferences in My ebay under Account.

Don't know if you can be selective or not though.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks but I did have a bit of a poke around in that area and I don't think I can be that selective.   Is anyone else getting flooded with these messages. ?  

Because you viewed this item, here's a special offer.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

You could set up a filter to delete emails with that subject header. I don’t think it’s possible to prevent them with an eBay setting.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Sorry, no....but I have an ad blocker?? Someone will be around shortly that has experienced this, possibly??

Have you 'cleared cookies' lately?

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply