Bulk Editing Message from Ebay

Hi there. I keep getting the message from Ebay to bulk edit my listings to include free postage, 30 day returns etc. I dont know whether to do it or not. Free postage may make things easier to sell but dont know about to 30 day returns. Any advice appreciated.
Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We all get that email - and ignore it. So long as it's optional, do what YOU want with regard to postage, returns, etc.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

We all get that email - and ignore it. So long as it's optional, do what YOU want with regard to postage, returns, etc.
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Hi.

I am tired of trying to keep up with the bigger sellers so I am going to do my own thing. I am in the process of changing my listings to include postage. I am putting actual cost of item to purchase and then $3 p&h for 2 x $1 stamps, a priority post label(50 cents),a padded bag, foam for wrapping item in, gift bag and a printed invoice. I don't think $3 is too much to ask as I also combine postage for 2 or more purchases and if the purchases are over a certain amount, I apply a registered post label for free for tracking purposes. I am tired of lying to customers and would rather be up front with the postage cost than making the item more expensive to include postage. I have never had a problem purchasing from sellers who combine postage. Have a look around ebay at some of the big sellers and their postage is quite high. I bet they do not receive nagging ebay messages to offer the impossible. For instance I was looking to purchase Bio-Oil and found it on ebay at Big W. Price was great but p&h was $9.99. Ended up picking up the same size bottle on special at my local woolies for $15. Sorry about the rant but this is my hobby and used to be really enjoyable until about the last 2 years so I have decided to enjoy it again without competing against people I cannot compete against.

Cheers to all. 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

@rwhi2669 wrote:

Hi.

I am tired of trying to keep up with the bigger sellers so I am going to do my own thing. I am in the process of changing my listings to include postage. I am putting actual cost of item to purchase and then $3 p&h for 2 x $1 stamps, a priority post label(50 cents),a padded bag, foam for wrapping item in, gift bag and a printed invoice. I don't think $3 is too much to ask as I also combine postage for 2 or more purchases and if the purchases are over a certain amount, I apply a registered post label for free for tracking purposes. I am tired of lying to customers and would rather be up front with the postage cost than making the item more expensive to include postage. I have never had a problem purchasing from sellers who combine postage. Have a look around ebay at some of the big sellers and their postage is quite high. I bet they do not receive nagging ebay messages to offer the impossible. For instance I was looking to purchase Bio-Oil and found it on ebay at Big W. Price was great but p&h was $9.99. Ended up picking up the same size bottle on special at my local woolies for $15. Sorry about the rant but this is my hobby and used to be really enjoyable until about the last 2 years so I have decided to enjoy it again without competing against people I cannot compete against.

Cheers to all. 

To register your letter is an extra $4 on top of the postage stamps.

So if you just put a sticker on it, it's not registered, and there's no tracking.

To get tracking it must be lodged over the counter, not just posted in a red street box.

https://auspost.com.au/sending/send-within-australia/compare-letter-services/registered-post-letters

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Yes. Know all that. Just didn't want to ramble on too much. I keep a stock of registered post labels on hand and when I use one I do go to the post office and lodge it plus I also have my stamps on it.
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply