Can inadequate sellers be blocked or put on a "black list" or similar?

I have had a number of unsatisfactory experiences dealing with sellers with regard to best offers recently and I want to be able to ensure that I don't have to encounter them again. Can inadequate sellers be blocked or put on a "black list" or something similar?

I created a watchlist titled "Black Listed Sellers" and picked an item from each seller and put it on the list with a note to self about why they fail. But this is a rather crude and clunky way to do this. Can inadequate sellers be blocked or put on a "black list" or something similar? 

Message 1 of 148
Latest reply
147 REPLIES 147

Re: Can inadequate sellers be blocked or put on a "black list" or similar?

@davewil1964 wrote:

They won't even lock decade old threads until they are bumped.

But it raises the question when should a thread be locked,  is it one year 2 years or 5 years.   And than say they pick a 2 year time limit,  people will complain about a thread that is bumped after 1 year and 362 days.

I don't envy the role of a mod,   and there should not be an automatic cut off,  but us forumites, need to use some common sense when picking up old threads.

Just a footnote, another forum I am on,  it kicks up a warning if you want to add to an old thread,  and says do you really want to do this.

Message 141 of 148
Latest reply

This should have been locked in any case after the number of abusive rants the OP went on right near the start 

Message 142 of 148
Latest reply

@sandypebbles wrote:

This should have been locked in any case after the number of abusive rants the OP went on right near the start 

Oh yes I agree with that,  my points were just in general to some of the others on threads in general

Message 143 of 148
Latest reply

Brickworksmarket, I have sent you a PM.

Message 144 of 148
Latest reply

I have been busy on my main account the last few days so had not logged in on this one so will have a look in the morning. 

Message 145 of 148
Latest reply

Hi everyone - I haven't posted help here for about 10 years, but...

HERE IS HOW TO BLOCK SELLERS....

1. Do a search on eBay, using any search term like ((BLOCK_SELLERS))

- make sure to add the ((brackets)) then click on Search.

2. After the page reloads, scroll down and find the "More Filters" in the left menu.

3. In the popup window, choose Seller on the left pane, then "Only show items from > Specific Sellers > Exclude > then type in the list of SellerIDs to block, separated by commas (no spaces).

HINT: Keep your list of blocked sellers in a Text File, for easier editing, then use copy/paste.

Search1.JPG

4. Click on APPLY at the bottom right of the popup window.

5. The page will reload, you will now see something like screen capture below...

Search2.JPG

6. Click on "Save this search

7. Now go to My Ebay > Saved Searches ...

Search3.JPG

8. Because of the (( brackets )) , your new "special search" will appear at the top of the list. If not, choose "Sort By Name" on the right side.

9. CLICK that new Saved Search, and a new page will open.

In the normal place, type your ACTUAL search terms (like normal), then click Search...

Search4.JPG

9. Note that the list of "Blocked Sellers" will still be listed in the little rounded box ...

10. From now on, just use Ebay search, apply Filters, etc just like you normally do.

- The "Blocked Sellers" box should remain visible (providing that you do not click the X).

- Just ensure that any search results still show that rounded box with blocked sellers.

11. Every time you want to block sellers, open your saved searches and click the ((Blocked)).

- BETTER... load the search, then bookmark the page onto your browser's Links bar, and open Ebay from that link.

12. LAST THING - TO EDIT THE BLOCKED SELLERS LIST...

a) First open the OLD Saved Search for ((blocked_sellers)).

b) Change the search terms to something like "((BLOCKED_SELLERS2))"

b) Do step 3 in the left left menu. Edit the "blocked sellers" list, then hit Apply.

- if you use a separate Text File for blocked sellers, make sure to delete everything in the box before you paste in the new list.

c) Repeat steps 5 & 6, saving that as a NEW search.

d) Open My Ebay > Saved Searches.

e) Find the OLD Saved Search, choose More Actions > Unsave.

f) Update/Replace any Bookmark you had previously saved in your browser.

Sorry that was so long. It is much easier to do than it is to explain. [LOL]

Cheers and beers, Coops

Message 146 of 148
Latest reply

G'day coops. Long time, no hear. Welcome back.

Message 147 of 148
Latest reply

As davewil says, welcome back.

Message 148 of 148
Latest reply