Defect

Can someone please tell me what a transaction defect is? To my knowledge I have done nothing wrong. I sold some coasters months ago & before posting noticed one was a different pattern. I messaged the buyer & cancelled the sale & refunded. Also another time I was on holidays & sold some china. I messaged the buyer who was happy to wait a few days & now have a late shipment. Does any of this matter? Will it mean I pay more fees? Appreciate any info. Thank you
Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Defect

Cancel and refund, unless you use 'problem with buyer's address', which this wasn't, is a defect.

Late delivery (or postage) is a defect. If you used tracking it was automatic when the tracking showed posted after your handling time. If you didn't use tracking, the buyer has answered the 'did your item arrive by...' question in the negative.

No extra fees, but if you get enough you can cop restrictions.

Both, essentially, were your fault. It is up to you to check that you have the items you are selling. It is also up to you to manage your business while you are on holidays. Maybe by extending your handling times. Or, shock, have a holiday and give your account one while you're at it. If your local shop closed for a holiday, they wouldn't keep selling.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Defect

Cancel and refund, unless you use 'problem with buyer's address', which this wasn't, is a defect.

Late delivery (or postage) is a defect. If you used tracking it was automatic when the tracking showed posted after your handling time. If you didn't use tracking, the buyer has answered the 'did your item arrive by...' question in the negative.

No extra fees, but if you get enough you can cop restrictions.

Both, essentially, were your fault. It is up to you to check that you have the items you are selling. It is also up to you to manage your business while you are on holidays. Maybe by extending your handling times. Or, shock, have a holiday and give your account one while you're at it. If your local shop closed for a holiday, they wouldn't keep selling.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply