Fake/shill bidder?

I'm selling an item that might goto $60 & have 2 bidders at the moment. However, one of the bidders has an account a little over a year old but has zero feedback & is from an overseas country which I don't post to (although it's possible an overseas buyer may want to buy for someone in another country).

I don't think it is fair that the other bidder with 369 100% positive Feedback score should pay more for an item if there is no need.

I've looked around here on the forums but all I've found is posts describing this happening to others but nothing about a remedy - a 13 month old account with zero activity? Must be a shill, but why?

What do I do?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Fake/shill bidder?

Don't forget to added the suspect bidder to your blocked list too

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Fake/shill bidder?

UPDATE: I contacted ebay via chat & they showed me how to cancel bids from a suspect bidder. I'm down to 1 bidder with the opening price/bid going to them.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Fake/shill bidder?

Don't forget to added the suspect bidder to your blocked list too

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Fake/shill bidder?

imastawka
Honored Contributor

self edited.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Fake/shill bidder?

Thanks, that was one of the options ebay gave during the chat but I'll wait a while to see if the phantom follows me or will I get another. Ebay also suggested I 'tick mark the box "Block buyers whose primary delivery address is in a location I don't post to." ' - which I'll do now that you reminded me of the conversation I had!

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply