First time international seller in aus

meg_8066
Community Member

So I just sold my first international item to someone in America, i'm in Aus. The postage label requires me to put the package size but I dont even have a satchel yet. Do i get my own satchel from wherever first, and then print out the label and drop it off at the post? Or do I have to get a satchel from auspost since the service im using is auspost? I'm just very confused.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: First time international seller in aus

I haven’t cancelled yet, I might since I find dealing with this international shipping stuff too tricky (and it seems everyone else doesn’t like it either). I didn’t have any fees for listing the item, but I had a big fee deducted as apart of transaction fees. Im trying to get multiple opinions on going through with this 

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Definitely cancel the first sale, or you'll be losing a stack of money for no reason. If the second buyer is outside Aus, cancel it too and shut down international shipping.

You may also want to change your postage options because at the moment, that item was showing as being posted by a tracked letter. No way in a million years could that go as a letter. You need to change it to parcel.

As mentioned, read up on the selling help pages. Plus, you can also ask questions in the selling forum. That's "selling", not "selling on ebay". There is a difference. You'll have a bigger audience on the plain selling page. 

It's a great place to hang out and learn lots of stuff. Now, get on and cancel those sales!

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

Buyers can only be given positive feedback, so it is basically meaningless

You are taking a huge risk, but if you are happy do so, feel free to ignore everyone here who has given you the heads up and tried to explain why it is such a risk

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Okay, I’ll be cancelling it. Do you know if I’ll be charged a lot if I cancel it?

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

@meg_8066 wrote:

Okay, I’ll be cancelling it. Do you know if I’ll be charged a lot if I cancel it?

Cancelling if the buyer has paid, means the buyers gets a refund and you get your fees refunded. You will lose (I think) 30c. That is a non refundable fee. As mentioned, use the option of problem with buyer's address, so you don't get a defect on your account.

Then go and block international sales. Once you're more experienced, if you then want to sell international, you can undo those blocks. If you're not sure how to do that, ask. 

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply