Fraudulent transaction

jamiekenose
Community Member

In May 2021, I purchased what I thought was an authentic Zimmermann dress from a seller with over 400-100 percent positive feedback, the dress was not cheap.  In Nov I tried to sell the dress only to be told by a potential buyer, that it is not authentic, easily proven by the care label (I wish I had known this before).  As EBay does not assist with a purchase that is more than 30 days, my question is, can I get my money back, and can I sell the dress on EBay by stating it is not authentic? Ok, thanks in advance for all the advice, have an amazing day and cherish the ones you love, Jx

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Fraudulent transaction

Unfortunately you are out of time in Ebay as well as Paypal (who give 180 days from date of transaction) to raise any type of case.

I would sell it on Facebook Marketplace instead of Ebay as I think you're going to have a ton of problems otherwise. I mean, it will look pretty weird to put "inauthentic Zimmerman dress" in the listing and possibly the listing may be pulled or reported as counterfeit. If it's not Zimmerman, you can't in any way, shape or form claim that it is. You can't even say that its "like" Zimmerman.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Fraudulent transaction

Unfortunately you are out of time in Ebay as well as Paypal (who give 180 days from date of transaction) to raise any type of case.

I would sell it on Facebook Marketplace instead of Ebay as I think you're going to have a ton of problems otherwise. I mean, it will look pretty weird to put "inauthentic Zimmerman dress" in the listing and possibly the listing may be pulled or reported as counterfeit. If it's not Zimmerman, you can't in any way, shape or form claim that it is. You can't even say that its "like" Zimmerman.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Fraudulent transaction

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Can the informer be trusted to be telling  you it's a fake?

This article has a pic of a fake care label as well as the genuine label

Zimmermann customers fall victim to elaborate scams with replica garments | Daily Mail Online

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Fraudulent transaction

You might still have a few days to open a dispute in PayPal, depending on which day in May you made your purchase.

But first you should be sure it is fake.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Fraudulent transaction

Good point papermoon - my mental calculator was no functioning on dates earlier.

Definitely check your date of purchase and hopefully you will scrape in on time.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Fraudulent transaction

Hi there and thanks everyone for all the care and advice. I paid with my visa, so PayPal is not an option, and thanks for the suggestion of Facebook marketplace, but I will probably just keep it and then give it to good Sammies. The prospective buyer had worked for Zimmermann and was able to send me a picture of the real Zimmermann care label for my dress, so case closed 🤨. Anyway, I am much wiser now, so it is good to take something away from this. Big thank you for the link to the Zimmermann scam article, it was an enlightening read😳. Have an amazing day everyone, stay safe and cherish the ones you love.

Grace and Gratitude, Jx

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply