Hello, how do i contact an ebay representative?

eh5511
Community Member

Hello, can someone tell me how i c an speak to a ebay representative on the phone. Any advice is much appreciated. Cheers

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Hello, how do i contact an ebay representative?

Ok - read it again.

Whenever you buy anything online - your address will be given - how else would they provide the delivery of an item.

How can you be scammed later - after a cancellation. ??

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

Given sellers can only be paid via Managed Payments, how , and far more importantly why would you to give your credit card details directly to the seller ?

Especially to one registered in China

Did they tell you to give them your credit card details?

If so that is the time to report it, not just go along with it

And what has this got to do with the topic from almost 2 years ago?

And there is no reason you cannot contact a human

A human eBay cs will ask the same question

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

@flyoz wrote:

Ebay is clearly refusing to have any human help . Im so over this.

I am trying to discuss a suspected scam where you buy via Credit card seller gets your shipping and contact data then cancels the order stating Buyer requested it when they did not. They do refund but they have a ton of real data for a later scam. EEBAY is oblivious and clearly doesnt care.

If you have used your credit card details,  that would be to Ebay payments,  not to the seller, unless you did a dodgy.   So the seller wont have your credit card details,  and the refund would have being processed by Ebay, on the sellers request.

And yes sadly a lot of sellers who cant fulfil an order for any reason will use the buyer request option, as this means they wont get a strike against their name.

So basically the only thing done wrong by the seller was using a false reason code,  but they dont have your credit card details.  My answer is based on you having gone through the correct process.

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

Though the feedback they left also claims the seller has their 'data' for use in a later scam

Not sure why the credit card was mentioned at all, since the seller has no idea 'how' the buyer paid 

Nor if one believed 'data' had been taken for a scam why they wouldn't be notifying the bank to cancel said card 

The mind boggles  

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

Interesting use of ' data ' . lol

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply