How do you actually report an unscrupulous seller to e-bay?

I have been dealling with an e-bay seller who sent me a simmilar, but wrong item (a cammer lens) of about half the value of the listed item. 

They didn't have the cheaper item listed for sale or in their completed listings, and they have not offered to send me the correct one, so I don't think they ever actualy had what they listed.

When I called them on it they have agreed to a full refund, but have not explained why they did it, or made any appology.

I strongly suspect they were hoping to sell to someone who didn't notice the difference. They have good feedback for the last 12 months, but when you look back further there are complaints every year or so. 

They have also asked me to send it to a different addres than the e-bay refund had listed as their address.

I want to report this seller to e-bay as I can't see how this was anything but a scam, but as they have paid the refund I can't keep the complaint active, and can't ask e-bay to interveen, and I have lost the chance to leave negative feedback.

I don't want anyone else to be scammed by this person. How do I actually report them to e-bay?

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

fiken-4385
Community Member

I was glad to find this string, I'm having an endless battle with a shipper, whom has no clue about the things they sell. I puchased 160 orbital sandpaper circles 40 to 800 coarseness. They sent 60 to 240 coarseness. Not what I paid for, brief they were happy to do a replacement yet that was abnormal, one moment from now they had a go at causing me to seem like a nitwit by unveiling to me it will work something practically the same. By and by I gave them an awful review they are uncovering to me they will limit me if I cut down the study first. They said it was association rule. By and by in a calling it's called association procedure not norm and I could exhort it was quickly created up by the individual I'm overseeing as it has a comparative sentence structure messes up. So far I've had enough and encouraged them to give me the limit or get another negative analysis

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

You have been answered - see the countess reply above ^^^^^

You can open an Item Not as Described in paypal if your purchase is not over 180 days.

Again, you have just tagged on to the same thread

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

Australia does have lawful jurisdiction!

Australia collect gst from the eBay sales and has the last word.

Also any online store that is selling items within Australian stores...au stores is completely covered by Australian Consumer Law whether they abide in Australia or not....ie Australian Govt can fine, punish, or even ban stores from selling in Australia whether online or not. This is the Law!

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

Interesting conspiracy theory there.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

Lost all credibility with the 'abide' in Australia bit

The rest of the story was clearly from our forum legal lawyer 

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

LOL - you run with that.

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

BUT... are they selling from Australian stores? Do they have a store? Are they registered in Australia?

So many questions. Maybe provide some factual answers. Either that or stop bumping/replying to years old posts.

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

@enigpha wrote:

Australia does have lawful jurisdiction!

Australia collect gst from the eBay sales and has the last word.

Also any online store that is selling items within Australian stores...au stores is completely covered by Australian Consumer Law whether they abide in Australia or not....ie Australian Govt can fine, punish, or even ban stores from selling in Australia whether online or not. This is the Law!

Oh great, Dennis Denuto has surfaced again.............

It's the law, it's the vibe.It's the law, it's the vibe.

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply