Pickup only item purchased by an interstate buyer

markyf77
Community Member

I sold an item listed as pickup only, purchased by a member with an Interstate address who paid via Paypal.  Have sent 2 messages to buyer asking to arrange a time for pickup or organise their own shipping, but no response.  What can I do?  I don't want a 'not received' case lodged against me.  thanks!

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I am only a fairly new Seller, so others may have other suggestions.  My suggestion is.. I don't see why you couldn't cancel the sale, and give as the reason  (you have to pick one from a drop down box)    "There is something wrong with the buyer's address",  which is true for this sale.  I would suggest waiting to hear what others have to say first, and if they agree with me.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

I don't see why you couldn't cancel the sale, and give as the reason  (you have to pick one from a drop down box)    "There is something wrong with the buyer's address"

Good suggestion.

But mark, I would wait a little longer as they may have a relative or friend going to pick up.

If no response from perhaps a final message saying you need to cancel and relist if no arrangements made within 24 or 48 hours, then do as shoppingbag suggests. Cancel, refund choosing problem with buyers address.

image host
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

You can actually take your time with this.

eBay's Money Back Guarantee does not cover "Local pickup items that weren't collected by the buyer".

The ball is in the buyer's court, and you as the seller have no obligation to chase up the buyer, or return the buyer's money at this point, nor even to communicate any further with the buyer. Presumably you've already given the pickup address to the buyer...

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply