Return request put on hold

I bought an oscilloscope that wouldn't turn on. I returned the item (tracked) and the seller has accepted the return however has put the case on hold. EBay message says:- 

"eBay Customer Service has placed the case on hold until Oct. 31 to allow time to provide additional documentation.

If your issue is resolved, you can close this case without waiting for a response from Customer Service.

We have sent you an email requesting further information to allow us to investigate your claim. Please provide this information before to assist with the process."

I have not received and email, i don't know what information to send or where to send it.

I am worried that not providing any info before Oct 31 will void my case

Any help please anyone?
Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Have you uploaded the tracking to the case so ebay knows it has been returned?

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Yes tracking number uploaded and delivery accepted

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Where was the item being returned to - domestic or international?

Did the seller just give you an address and did you return at your own expense, or did they send you a shipping label (within Aus only)?

Some sneaky sellers do not provide a valid address for the return package - after all, why would the seller even want a defective item back in the first place?

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Contact eBay via help at the top and explain you haven't received any messages from eBay even though they say so.

image host
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

You have an open case, so this is real, but the email sounds a bit weird. Have you copied and pasted it? "Before to assist"?

We have sent you an email requesting further information to allow us to investigate your claim. Please provide this information before to assist with the process.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@jellybirddesigns wrote:

Where was the item being returned to - domestic or international?

Did the seller just give you an address and did you return at your own expense, or did they send you a shipping label (within Aus only)?

Some sneaky sellers do not provide a valid address for the return package - after all, why would the seller even want a defective item back in the first place?

If I had sent of a ''faulty'' oscilloscope, I would want it back,  could be worthwhile repairing,  the normally problem with them is a couple of dollar fix.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply