Scam advice - I just received an automated call supposedly from Ebay saying an ITunes purches for $1

heldal528
Community Member

I just received an automated call supposedly from Ebay saying an ITunes purches for $199 and if i didnt authorise it to phone a no.  I contacted my bank who advised it is a scam and definitely dont ring the no.

cheers

Helen

Message 1 of 60
Latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Re: Scam advice - I just received an automated call supposedly from Ebay saying an ITunes purches fo

I just received the same phone call..
Message 31 of 60
Latest reply

Re: Scam advice - I just received an automated call supposedly from Ebay saying an ITunes purches fo

Same here. I just had a call from a recorded service thanking me for my recent eBay purchase. That the $399 would be taken from my credit card in the next 24 hours and my iPhone 7 would be shipped soon. I hung up. But... it was uncanny because I hadn't purchaed anything from eBay in years... until this morning. The call came within the hour of my purchase. It's like THEY KNEW !!! Spooky.
Message 33 of 60
Latest reply

My call came from Adelaide as well.

Message 34 of 60
Latest reply

just got one saying I'd purchased an i-phone 7, like are they still a thing? once again 399

Message 35 of 60
Latest reply

Just had one today but from a private number....
Message 36 of 60
Latest reply

SAME CALL ($199) FROM SINGAPORE NUMBER TO MOBILE. RECORDED VOICE. HUNG UP. @ 22 FEB 2021.
Message 37 of 60
Latest reply

hotel59
Community Member

I just reveived an automated call saying I had purchased goods and that if I didn't make the purchase I should push 1 to cancel or I could call +61 2 4067 59694. I just hung up and then tried to call the number which didn't exist.  I assume this is a SCAM

Message 38 of 60
Latest reply

Did anything happen? I also pressed 1
Message 39 of 60
Latest reply

@josbra_66 wrote:

Did anything happen? I also pressed 1

Read this link.

https://clark.com/scams-rip-offs/health-insurance-marketplace-scam-alert/

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 40 of 60
Latest reply