contacting ebay

Ebay sent me an email saying they are going to deduct a small amount from my account but don't say why.  I haven't bought anything lately. Its impossible to get an answer from them. Who do they think they are just saying they make a deduction without saying what for?

Yet it is impossible to find out and their automated assistant is a **bleep**.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

contacting ebay

Are you registering for managed payments? If so these could be micro deposits which are part of the process. To quote from Ebay's help pages (accessed via help button top of all pages in ebay):

Using microdeposits

Alternatively, you can verify your account using two microdeposits (small payments) sent to your linked bank account.

Here's how to verify your account using microdeposits:

1. Sign in to Seller Hub - opens in new window or tab or My eBay - opens in new window or tab.
  2. Select the banner to verify your bank account.
  3. Select Verify with microdeposits.
  4. Once they've reached your account (1-3 business days), sign in to Seller Hub or My eBay.
  5. Select the banner to verify your bank account and enter the microdeposit amounts.

It can take up to 3 business days for microdeposits to reach your account, and we'll email you to confirm they've arrived. The microdeposits will be withdrawn from your bank account within a few days.

Tip
Don't attempt to enter any amounts until the microdeposits have reached your bank account, as this could cause issues with verifying your account

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

contacting ebay

Was it really from eBay or a scammer pretending to be eBay?

Was it only an email or also in your eBay messages?

Have you singed up for eBay Plus? or Smartycash back?

Or as mentioned, when you signed up to Managed Payments so you could sell and be paidand these are for the micro deposits?

eBay Help is at the top of every page

Other members can only 'guess' possible reasons

Only you know what the email actually said, who it is really from and if you signed up to anything without reading the t&c

Plus, you have feedback within the past month as a buyer, so no point saying you have'nt bought anything lately 

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply