reply to a message from ebay

mg55za
Community Member
I am in the middle of a dispute with eBay who have taken my money to join eBay plus but have not done anything.

They sent me a message and I want to reply to it but can't figure out how to do it as their message doesn't have a way of replying.

Am I flogging a dead horse or am I missing something.

Thanks
Tony
Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Many eBay emails are "no-reply" ones so go through one of the links below and scroll to the bottom if you need to use the "chat with us" function.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/buying-ebay-plus/buying-ebay-plus?id=4755&st=12&pos=1&query=Buyi...

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/selling-ebay-plus?id=4756&s...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

What do you mean by "ebay has taken your money but not done anything?"

How long ago did they take your money and have you received a message that your membership has been activated?

This can take up to a few days I believe.

What else do you expect ebay to do?

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

mg55za
Community Member
They told me that my membership had been activated 2 weeks ago.

What do I expect eBay to do?

I expect them to activate my membership in a timely fashion and not keep offering me a 30 day free trial.

And that was not what I was asking.
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Many eBay emails are "no-reply" ones so go through one of the links below and scroll to the bottom if you need to use the "chat with us" function.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/buying-ebay-plus/buying-ebay-plus?id=4755&st=12&pos=1&query=Buyi...

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/selling-ebay-plus?id=4756&s...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

@mg55za wrote:
They told me that my membership had been activated 2 weeks ago.
So what is the problem?

What do I expect eBay to do?

I expect them to activate my membership in a timely fashion and not keep offering me a 30 day free trial.
You have already said it IS activated.  The free trial offer is offered to all members on a regular basis.

And that was not what I was asking.

I am genuinely at a loss as to what you are asking given that you state you want ebay to activate your membership in a timely fashion but have also stated that it has been activated.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

mg55za
Community Member

My reply to that was along the lines of if you have activated my membership why are you offering free trials when I access my eBay plus membership from my home page and why do non of my listings reflect this.

eBay saying they have activated it is not quite the same as it being activated.

You may be at a loss as to what I am asking, but I am equally ATVs loss as to why you are replying to the preamble to my question instead of addressing the real question which you appear to be steadfastly ignoring.

Another contributer has given me a reply to the question. If you don't know the answer then fair enough, but please stop lecturing me on the preamble.

I genuinely don't know what an "Honoured Contributor" is, but your replies are totally irrelevant.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

@mg55za wrote:

I genuinely don't know what an "Honoured Contributor" is, but your replies are totally irrelevant.

Neither do I.....you could ask the Moderators if you are really interested.

Why did you ask the questions in your preable if you did not want an answer to them?

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Whatever.  You are deliberately missing the point.

Just tell me how to reply to ebay or leave me alone.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

You can't, as you have already been told.

All you can do is contact them through Live Chat.

The option given to you by padi. The post you marked as a solution.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply