A random item has shown up in my purchase list

First thing I knew about this was an email from ebay, how the **bleep** did this end up on my purchase history?

Thankfully it's not paid for and never will be, I'm far from happy, this is the first time anything like this has happened in my years using this site.
Not even sure who I contact for this one, I requested a cancel from the seller, but not sure what my next step should be, because there is no way I'm paying $100+ for a t-shirt I never ordered or wanted.

https://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=362292364384&view=all&tid=954085891023

View Entire Topic

@ice13erg,

I see that this item was purchased on 10-Jul-18 (two days ago) at 04:26:11 AEST. Were you up at 4:30 in the morning? Anyone else in your household? If not, that's an awfully odd time to be making an expensive T-shirt purchase. (I can see that various other black Trussardi T-shirts are listed on eBay.com.au for $44.70; I can't see that there's anything so wonderful about this particular T-shirt that would drive anyone to pay more than double that.)

• Is there anyone in your house who could have had access to your eBay account? A child, partner, etc.? If you don't live alone, that's the first thing to eliminate from your enquiries. (Sorry - I've gone all Midsomer Murder.)
  • If there is no one in the house who could have had access to your eBay account, have you accessed eBay from any other computer? Work computer, library computer, etc.? If so, any possibility that someone logged in from there? (Unlikely, given the 4:30 in the morning timeframe.)
  • Furthermore, have you refused permission for automatic logging in to your PayPal account from eBay checkout? (If you have, then at least you have prevented anyone with access to your eBay account from being able to process the payment automatically.)
  • Also, consider whether anyone could know (or guess with some degree of certainty) your eBay password, particularly if that person also knows your eBay account name.
  • If you've eliminated all of these possibilities, think about whether you've been clicking onto any links in emails lately. Is it possible that you've given a hacker/scammer access to your account details?

Once you're sure that it's not a case of someone in your household making the purchase, get onto eBay ASAP to report that your account might have been hijacked. (The "call us" option to report an issue with your account possibly being hacked is the one to select. You will click through until you reach the page where the "Call us" link is shown in the left column. Select that - and you'll be given eBay's 1800 number and a one-time passcode.)

Bookmark these help pages:

1. Protecting your account (although, mind you, I think that the advice to change passwords regularly is not realistic. It's sufficiently difficult for people to remember all of their different passwords as it is. Just make sure you have a good strong password, and if there's ever the slightest hint that your account has been compromised, THEN I would suggest changing your passowrd);
  2. Recognising spoof or phishing emails (but bear in mind that both eBay and PayPal tend to over-report or over-confirm emails as spoof/phishing, even when the email comes from them. Basically - just don't ever ever ever EVER EVER click onto a link from an email. Just open a new browser, type in the URL yourself, and navigate from the legitimate site);
  3. Get help with a hacked account (contains excellent advice. Make sure you change your email password as the account vulnerability might have originated from your email address - the one associated with your eBay account - being hacked, so it makes sense to protect your updated account details with a new password. I know it's a pain to remember a new password, but it's a necessary level of protection).