Misrepresented product

I bought a high end camera that was said to be 2 Years old when it is in fact 7 years old and obsolete technology

This camera was purchased at 8.33PM and the order cancelled at 8,43PM on a PUBLIC HOLIDAY (25/01/24)  so the shipping could not have been arranged at that time.

I notified eBay and they said the order could not be cancelled at the seller had a NO RETURN policy.

I received the shipping document and the goods were not sent until the next day so the seller could have cancelled the sale.  

I cannot find a way to appeal the decision by eBay and feel that supporting a seller that has misrepresented a product and lied about the shipping date is not in keeping with buyer assurances that we are led to protect us on eBay.

I have spent almost 4 days trying to find a resolution and am at my wits end.  I am a pensioner so $2000 has taken me a long time to save and I do not have the money for another camera.

Can anyone help with a solution xx 

I have lodged a pay pal case and there are other cameras of this model for around $600 less on eBay.  I will contact consumer affairs.

View Entire Topic

Strange, this camera is still for sale and listed as in stock, by multiple canon distributors.

Sounds like sour grapes.