Opening multiple cases in one day

jagturbo
Community Member

I had a bad day with ebay last week. As a buyer who rarely needs to open cases, I had two sellers I had issues with in one day. 

The first seller appeared to be using stalling tactics and supposedly shipped an item twice that never arrived.

The second one was similar, but contacting me out of the  blue at the three week mark, begging to not leave negative feedback or open a case.. after the first seller stiffing me, I was highly suspicious and thought it best to pre-empt this seller and open a case just to be safe.. it gets more complicated after that..

That seller was shipping two items, that were shipped free.. so two separate transactions.. and two separate cases I thought I should open.

Turns out they may have been legit, with delays with shipping out of Hong Kong's transit port. But the seller had not posted any tracking info, or that it was even posted when they initially contacted me at the 3 week mark..

Anyway, I feel bad for doing it, but it's not over yet, because the items are not here.

The question I really need to ask is;

Can this effect me as a buyer? 

I was blocked from bidding on a Chinese site this morning. The seller wants to send me a software driver for something I bought months ago, but only now realise that it didn't come with the disk.

I thought it polite to buy something else so they could just pack it in.. but I get the big red BANNER stating I cannot bid in that seller's store..

Can someone shed a little light? Too many cases opened give me a bad rep? I only have 1 case still open currently.

View Entire Topic

The more you purchase the more the chances increase of issues arising.

If you have purchased 10 items from 10 different sellers you have every right to open disputes on every one if the need arises.

That is why you use paypal to protect your self.

If items arrive after a dispute is opened you can close it at any time and if you are refunded after escalating a claim and the item arrives you can all ways re pay.

Just DO NOT allow the 45 days to pass to open disputes.

Protect your self at all times.

No you will not get a bad rep for too many disputes.