Systemic issues with a number of sellers.

btecau
Community Member

I am finding in the last few months there is a huge divide in quality in sellers on the ebay platform.

These ranging from venders listing items they dont have then canceling the order because they have "sold them elsewhere" this being a violation of ebays terms and conditions.

Sellers listing item bundles at auction then deciding what from the listing they are going to send based on the amount the auction went for.

vendors dispatching the wrong part then giving the run around to burn up the 30 day return policy.

I have even had a vendor flat take my money then not dispatch the item. then weeks later i raise an item not received case and they didn't respond to ebay then at the last second put a bogus tracking number but not before ebay forced a refund.

out of the past 10 items i have purchased i have found only 50% of purchases went smoothly and this is a massive change from the way things used to be when i used to find only about 5% of purchases went badly

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

What is your question for other members?

Are you checking feedback before you buy?

"vendors dispatching the wrong part then giving the run around to burn up the 30 day return policy"

Then don't let them give you the run around, that one is your choice

You have the power to ignore the seller's games and instead open and follow through with an item not as described dispute. The seller does not get a say in it, you do not need to play their games

You do not need to wait weeks , if an item has not arrived , you open and follow through with an item not received dispute 

The only buyer you have recently left a neg for has shocking feedback , no surprise there was an issue there

The one before that, not much better

The one before that, poor feedback

Easily avoidable issues 

You the power have all the power

It is your choice if you use it or not

Not something other members have any responsibility for

had exactly the same situation occur, only tracking revealed the item was sent elsewhere, seller claiming it was an error, probably  sold it for a higher price and is trying to avoid negative feedback and breaching ebays 

seller policy

Yikes....and all in Australia, too