condition "used" sellers description "as new hardly used.

digital camera item 293953173303
Item is in perfect condition (the back screen is immaculate) but it has a dint and scratch on the bottom of the outer lens ring and scratches on the top left of the inner ring left of the word LUMIX. It appears the Camera has been dropped on it's face. The strap was also not with the item which in the manual says it is a supplied accessory and probably the reason they may have dropped it. (I have a spare strap)

Item works fine but there is no way I could sell this in "as new condition". The condition of the item is listed as "Used" but the sellers added descrition is "as new hardly used" so I don't know if it is to bad, buyer beware, it was listed as "used" sucked in.

The lens itself looks fine as it has a cover but the outer areas have taken a hit. I just feel ripped as I would not have bought it at any price if that type of damage was listed in the items description.

I don't know if digital items are covered or if it's simply not worth the hassle. I fully expect that the seller was aware of the damage and will be of no help as they won't want it back.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

It sounds like a subjective view.

Whilst you are probably right with your analogy of the product, the seller may have thought their camera was the ants pants and had rarely used it.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

As far as the strap goes, the fact the manual says it comes with a strap means nothing.  You have purchased a 2nd hand camera with the accessories as stated in the listing, not what is stated in the manual and there is no mention of a strap in the  listing.  As far as the camera condition  is concerned, are the pics in the listing a genuine representation  of the item you have received.

So what is your question?

You bought something with the flaws described, but now complain that there are flaws?

Does it work? Do your quibbles about condition interfere with it working?

What is your question?