mailing address

Can some explain to me why the sender is allow to dictate what mailing address to send the item I have just brought and paid for to ?

I use a po box for number of reasons, its safer and quicker than sending it to my home.

Plus when using paypal, it all goes through ebay. Ebay tells sender when to send it once payment has cleared.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Sellers are required to send to the address provided by ebay,  however if a seller is using courier services, they can not deliver to  a  PO Box.  So a seller can request an alternative address or cancel the order.

For various reasons discussed at length elsewhere on these boards, some sellers will not post to a PO Box address.  If you really want an item from such a seller contact them first to see if they can help. And / or, if you are on good terms with your local post office you could arrange to use their physical location address for such a purchase.

It isn’t up to the seller

eBay dictates sellers MUST post to the address given by the buyer

If you provide an address, that is the address the seller must use

sending a note or whatever saying send elsewhere doesn’t cut it

not only that, it is a common trick by scammers so they can falsely claim item not received if they cannot prove postage to the buyer’s registered address

It is on you to make sure the address you want is the address you have given before making payment

So don’t blame the sellers for your mistake