$10 voucher

I got sent an ebay/ paypal voucher but when I tried to use it, got a message saying my paypal account doesn't match my ebay account and I did I want to pay full price instead. I only have one ebay account and paypal account so how does that work?

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: $10 voucher

I'll try again only if I have decided to buy something on the new date. I won't be caught out buying something just to use the voucher. If they were fair dinkum about this, they would've credited my Paypal account $10 for the money I was already tricked into spending. Once bitten, twice shy.

Message 21 of 29
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

Don't worry sheeps and lyndal, a friend of mine got this email and guess what she's never signed up to either Paypal or eBay.

How on earth does that work ??????

Weโ€™re sorry

We sent you an email yesterday with $10 to spend on eBay. You may have noticed that we experienced a technical issue with the voucher code that was sent to you. Donโ€™t worry, you are still eligible for the voucher, it will be available to use from 30 March 2015.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

To redeem your voucher:
1.Visit ebay.com.au and start shopping
2.Find something you like and check the seller accepts PayPal (this voucher is only valid when you pay with PayPal)
3.At checkout enter the voucher code in the voucher field

Don't sellers HAVE to accept PayPal?

Message 22 of 29
Latest reply

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

Don't sellers HAVE to accept PayPal?

Nope, not if they offer Paymate (which most buyers won't touch with a barge-pole) or have a merchant CC account (those are very thin on the ground too)

Capture.PNG

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 23 of 29
Latest reply

Of course! I forgot about that LOL shakes head.gif

Message 24 of 29
Latest reply

Never mind sheeps.................big night reading stories to the sheep on the lounge was it ????????

hug.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 25 of 29
Latest reply

@sheilakangaroo wrote:

I'll try again only if I have decided to buy something on the new date. I won't be caught out buying something just to use the voucher. If they were fair dinkum about this, they would've credited my Paypal account $10 for the money I was already tricked into spending. Once bitten, twice shy.

On the other hand, it's probably boosting our sales, which is a win/win for sellers  ๐Ÿ˜‰

Message 26 of 29
Latest reply

Define win-win. I have a $10 item in limbo on the assumption by the buyer that sometime on or after 30 March they will be able to get it for nothing. No win for me unless I actually end up getting paid.

Message 27 of 29
Latest reply

paypal 2.png

hmmm 30 the March?? mine says after the 6th April

I'll try both dates and see what happens  Woman Surprised

Message 28 of 29
Latest reply

My 'buyer' told me 30 Mar. By 6 April they will have a NPB case well and truly closed and be on my BBL.

A commitment to buy is exactly that. Not contingent on getting it for nothing via a third party.

Message 29 of 29
Latest reply