$20 off code not working

I got a text about 20 minutes ago saying that if I enter the code "MONEY" I'll instantly get $20 off any purchase excluding postage, but the code isn't being accepted.  It can't possibly be expired because I only got the text minutes ago.  The links in the text lead here so I'm certain it's not a hoax.  Can I get any help with this?

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

$20 off code not working

If you read the Terms of this voucher you will see that you don't qualify....it is for members who have not bought anything in the last 11 months.

If it is any of the other vouchers ebay has withdrawn them because they are not working properly.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

$20 off code not working

@aleksklin_0 wrote:

I got a text about 20 minutes ago saying that if I enter the code "MONEY" I'll instantly get $20 off any purchase excluding postage, but the code isn't being accepted.  It can't possibly be expired because I only got the text minutes ago.  The links in the text lead here so I'm certain it's not a hoax.  Can I get any help with this?

firstly, these boards are ‘manned’ by ordinary eBay members, so replies here are not from eBay employees.

I too got an SMS with a $20 voucher.  My code is the same as yours.  I have clicked on the T&Cs link and the voucher is for:

- use on 1 transaction for items listed on ebay.com.au

- use by 23:59 on 12th November

- up to 10 items can be purchased in the one transaction

- the voucher can not be used towards postage cost

There are other conditions, but these are the main ones. I encourage any reader of this post who also got the offer to read all of the T&Cs found by clicking the link on the SMS.

So, aleksklin, were you trying to buy an overseas item?

Was the item price excluding shipping above $20?

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

$20 off code not working

I've got the same problem with this voucher. I was just to buy a $27 book, from Australia, and was going to pay the extra $7 with my paypal. I did the same thing with a $20 voucher I got in September, but this one isn't working. Any idea why? Is it because the item is over $20? That would be kind of odd seeing as how I'd still be paying for the extra $7
Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

$20 off code not working

If you read the Terms of this voucher you will see that you don't qualify....it is for members who have not bought anything in the last 11 months.

If it is any of the other vouchers ebay has withdrawn them because they are not working properly.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

$20 off code not working

@jennifewalter4 wrote:
I've got the same problem with this voucher. I was just to buy a $27 book, from Australia, and was going to pay the extra $7 with my paypal. I did the same thing with a $20 voucher I got in September, but this one isn't working. Any idea why? Is it because the item is over $20? That would be kind of odd seeing as how I'd still be paying for the extra $7

on the thread that you started you said that the cost of the book was ‘$23 plus an extra couple of dollars for GST’ which would indicate that the item was purchased from an overseas seller (i.e. it was listed on an overseas eBay site).

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

$20 off code not working

I suspect, but have no evidence to support this, that seeing as the voucher offer came via SMS that the transaction might have to be made on the same device i.e. purchase must be made on the mobile.

I will find out tonight when I try to use my $20 voucher code on my iPad.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

$20 off code not working

SmartSelect_20181107-174117_Samsung Internet.jpg

SmartSelect_20181107-174143_Samsung Internet.jpg

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

$20 off code not working

SNEAKY SNEAKY eBay!!!!!!  They have changed the T&Cs since I posted the screengrabs.

It seems that it must now appear on your 'My eBay' page to be redeemable!

20181107_185550.jpg

So so now I have the SMS, but I can’t use the code because the voucher does not appear on my ‘My eBay’ page.

GOOD ONE eBay !!!!!!

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

$20 off code not working

They changed the conditions between the time I started researching an item and when I put it in my cart to buy!

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

$20 off code not working

well, I was wrong (not for the first time I might add).

I called eBay and they said that the voucher was a valid eBay promotion and that the SMS had been sent to my mobile number.

HOWEVER, I use this mobile number for all my eBay accounts.  While on the phone to eBay support I was logging in and out of my accounts to see if it appeared on any of the ‘My eBay’ pages . . . . . . . and sure enough it does! On my ‘big’ account that hasn’t had any activity for quite some months.

So, if you received the SMS and use that mobile number on multiple accounts you need to locate which account has the offer on the ‘My eBay’ page.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply