$20 off code not working

I got a text about 20 minutes ago saying that if I enter the code "MONEY" I'll instantly get $20 off any purchase excluding postage, but the code isn't being accepted.  It can't possibly be expired because I only got the text minutes ago.  The links in the text lead here so I'm certain it's not a hoax.  Can I get any help with this?

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: $20 off code not working

Yes and someone told me that it was for Australian only sellers so I found the same book being sold buy a different seller in Australia and it still didn't work and that's when I commented here
Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

@jennifewalter4 wrote:
Yes and someone told me that it was for Australian only sellers so I found the same book being sold buy a different seller in Australia and it still didn't work and that's when I commented here

does the voucher show on your โ€˜My eBayโ€™ page?  I found it on one of my other IDs that also has my mobile number attached to and used the voucher last night and got two items for free as they were both โ€˜free postageโ€™ and the total was $19.81

I just had to put the items into my cart before proceeding to checkout as they were from different sellers.

If the voucher appears on your โ€˜My eBayโ€™ page then it should work.

7EB55BFF-57F1-4672-85E3-5436D4E0F9A9.jpeg

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

SNEAKY SNEAKY eBay!!!!!!  They have changed the T&Cs since I posted the screengrabs.

But point #12 of the T&Cs allows them to update and change the terms of the offer anyway.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

And that often involves ending the promotion early.....I had a 3 day offer that was ended 8 hours early and a short (couple of hours) that was ended almost as soon as it started....I had used it once and missed out on the second use because it ended.

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

I have a voucher offer that can't be used on certain items and wouldn't you know it I can't use it on the items that I usually buy,so I thought because I am able to use it with certain sellers and not others that sell the same items.

So how come I can't use it for the things I actually want and I can use it for the same items but they are different to what I want?

Ebay shouldn't be allowing some and not others when these are the same items lol.

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

If you read the Terms you will find that offers can be applicable to certain sellers, no matter what they sell, or site wide meaning you can use them with any seller and any items, as long as they are not excluded.  Excluded items are always noted in the T & Cs.

Talking of fair....you could ask why some members get offers and some don't.  Who knows, but you can bet that those who don't get the offer will call foul while those that get them happily spend away.

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

Haha lyndal I have just realized that what I mainly buy, these vouchers are of no use to me lol as my items are on the exclusion list.

I buy enough so ebay must be toying with me knowing that I can't/won't use the discounts.

Might just buy something out of the ordinary.

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply