21 days and still no iphone

I bought an iphone 21 days ago and immediately paid via bank direct deposit.  The only contact I have had from the seller was

Please read our delivery times- we make a point of this. We rebuild these
phones to order in Australia. We allow 7-10 working days from firm payment.
Your phone will be sent next week mid to late.Thank you. Regards Tim 

I can't seem to get any answers from this person and  this morning I went in and checked his feedback again and there are two negative ones about phones.

I have never had a dispute with anything I bought on Ebay before and I feel a bit stupid at possibly losing $300 and being without a phone for over three weeks now.

Can anyone advise what would be my best option to try and resolve this issue.                  

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

I'm sure 'Tim' is delighted that you made a donation to his bank account-wouldn't have gone near that seller in a million years.

All you can do now is report for internet fraud.It won't get your money back though-next time,either buy from a REPUTABLE seller via paypal (which this seller did NOT offer-funny about that) or go into a real shop.

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

retraf, looking at the feedback, seller has sent out many phones, just slowly.

I wouldn't give up on this yet. I would send a stern message advising that you have been in contact with the police online fraud department as your messages aren't being answered hence if you don't get some definite answers now, you will be forced to start action.

image host
Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Thanks for the advice,  that is what I was after 🙂  not someone to tell me how dumb I am.

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

As all sellers are required to provide a safe payment method, then presumably this seller did. And you chose not to use it.

I don't know if that's dumb or optomistic, but it's certainly not the way to have a happy online buying experience.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

cjm2589
Community Member

Thanks for the advice,  that is what I was after 🙂  not someone to tell me how dumb I am.

I voted 2 :^O

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

I see a poll there with the options of 1 or 2 but have no idea what the poll question is. ?:|

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

I see a poll there with the options of 1 or 2 but have no idea what the poll question is. ?:|

who cares, I too voted 2

"I have never had a dispute with anything I bought on Ebay before and I feel a bit stupid at possibly losing $300 and being without a phone for over three weeks now"

Don't feel to bad as we are all human and trust is something we all try to do until we get a good kick up the preveriable. I lost over $1000 buying a laptop many years ago on Ebay however I paid thru PP and still did not get my money refunded. Hope you get your phone.

1 never pay by bank deposit.

2. trust PP will help if you need it.

Keep it nice, I might cry if you write anything upsetting (like not)
Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

Why would you vote 2?

It is obvious to me you cannot fully understand the consequences of your actions and how it will affect the rest of us who are trying hard to learn from, aswell as help others with our superior wisdom and knowledge.

VOTING 2 now makes us all look just ordinary and uneducated…

PLEASE think hard about what you have done and try to cancel your vote and correct the situation.

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply