A Way To Block Chinese Sellers

We really need a way to block Chinese sellers and eBay needs a much stronger policy for sellers who fake where they're located.
I am sick to death of mistakingly buying counterfeit junk and I know many others are as well. This is a topic that usually pops up once every so often and eBay has done absolutely nothing to acknowledge it.

Sometimes I can happily ignore this problem when I want something incredibly specific but not all the time, especially not lately.
I live in Australia right and I want a silicone doughnut pan but I don't wanna wait a decade for it to arrive in the post.
But here's the problem:
Untitled.png
Guess how many of those are actually Australian?
Not a single one.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I realise that it is a bit annoying to make extra clicks, but you can click on the sellers profile and see where they are registered. And also check the postage as it will usually say what postal service they are using and where it is coming from. Occasionally you will find a Chinese seller lying on the items location but it is not normally the case.

Latest reply

i bought loads of items from chinese sellers who say they are in AU...so far they all posted from AU..im talking about over 100 items.

with your silicon doughnut pan. i bought 2 from the cheap dollar shop for $5 each..dont know where you live but if you can get to a shopping centre with cheap dollars shops try there.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I would hazard a guess that those sellers have stock in Australia or are using a logistics company to get the items here quicker.

While the sellers are registered in China they are using click and collect which means the parcels are being posted in Australia.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Time consuming. If i wanted a 2nd day job, i'd get one that pays a lot better.
Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

@paddygee_123 wrote:

Time consuming. If i wanted a 2nd day job, i'd get one that pays a lot better.

So you reckon it's better to drag up old threads - like you have with your other posts - and whinge about it being too time-consuming to make a couple of clicks on your mouse.

Poor you...............

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

@padi.
Bugga it. I didn’t notice it was an old post. But I want to know if Benjamin got his donut pan 😁😁
********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Fair go Jane, it's not 2028 yet.   original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

DeadThread.jpg   Waves to jane and padi

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Problem with that is they usually have a relative in Australia and that’s what they use as their postage service address and service, only until you visit their direct store does is show they are actually Chinese sellers. 

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply