A dozen times Ive been scammed on Ebay with a poor quality prodict and NO Money Back, now another

vk6fury
Community Member

Vacuum containers and the Ebay Return form will not work

2 arrived broken because they where transported in a plastic bag rather than a box and the third one that is not broken does not hold vacuum for more than 6 hours .
Absolutely one of the worst products to try and keep food fresh.

The plastic is very thin and the container caves/bulges inward badly when under vacuum.
The replacement units where promised by the Seller to replace the 2 broken ones but have still has Screenshot return attempt 2022-11-26 092316.jpgnot arrived..Even if they arrive, the quality is so bad I will probably not be able to use them.

Screenshot return attempt 2022-11-26 092316.jpg

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

A dozen times Ive been scammed on Ebay with a poor quality prodict and NO Money Back, now another

How have you been scammed a dozen times (and more)?

Buyers have ALL the power and given ALL the tools to get their money back

Why have you chosen not to use them over and over?

And why do you keep choosing to buy from dodgy sellers, many in China who have feedback that warns to steer clear of them

You are responsible for your own bad choices with buying from such sellers, and then not opening appropriate disputes

You have been on eBay since 2006 and should be more than well aware of the basics like this

Stop buying garbage from sellers in China 

Open the proper disputes

Don't close the dispute 'because the seller said'

CARE about who you are buying from

Making the same choice  over and over is on you

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Open a dispute for item not as described and then escalate to a claim when the option appears. Keep an eye  on the dispute because if you ignore it, it will time out and you won't get a refund. If the seller wants the items back, then they need to either send a shipping label or funds for postage. You are not responsible for the return postage of broken items.

In future, check the feedback of sellers before you buy, to see if there are any obvious issues. If there are, find a different seller, even if it costs a few dollars more.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

You are posting on a member to member forum.  Ebay neither read here or reply.  You have been here a long time and if you dont check feedback prior to purchase or at least act when you get a bad product it is your problem.

Sending photos here is not going to help.  There is nothing other members can do to help.  You need to do what is required to get money returned.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I've done a 'jane' trick and given a thumbs up to the first post in the hope vk6fury gets a notification and comes back.

Please, vk6, if you read here, just do what the others have advised.

You don't have to return the products, you're going the wrong way about things.

You have received broken products and one that isn't working properly.

You don't need to contact the seller again.

Just open an ebay claim on all 3 products. Say 2 were broken and one was faulty and not as described.

I doubt the seller will elect to pay to have the products posted back so you will get your refund and you can toss the things out.

I'm not entirely sure about this next comment-but I would think the 'return item choice would be for people who were after a change of mind return where a seller allowed that, but that isn't the case with your products. This is not a change of mind return, yours should be a claim for broken/faulty products.

Also, do not accept partial refund offers or exchange offers. Just open your ebay claim and follow it till you get the full refund.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

You’ve bought this two months ago…. Are you still within the 30 day return for eBay’s MBG? 

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

I’ve opened disputes..

the last problem with leaky broken and leaky container containers where I got promised a replacement for the broken ones and since found out one that’s in tact is actually leaking for no apparent reason is a dispute I t tried to open but the dispute form on EBay would not work..

As far a buying from garbage from Chinese sellers , What  do you mean by WHY?

I trust eBay to listen to what I write 

and I never close a disputes, EBay decides..

I care about who I buy  from but since Ebay decided not to show feedback on the header add, it’s easy to get muddled up because you don’t see the feedback score until you click to see the product in detail.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

The return  form would not work because of the the time it's taken for the product to arrive, (nearly two moths) I could not even give appropriate feed back.

$80 for 3 useless vacuum containers.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

If you open disputes, you follow through with them, within the time limit

eBay is not listening if you do not follow the correct process, they have no idea there is an issue if it is not an official dispute that is followed through with

An official eBay dispute, not 'just' sending messages to the seller

You don't accept 'promises' from dodgy sellers

eBay does not decide. The buyer does by allowing them to either time out or because the seller said to close the dispute before they would help

It is not easy to get muddled up. the feedback is shown before buying, you look before buying

What nonsense 

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

I am sorry but if you don't check sellers feedback prior to purchase the only one to blame is yourself.  It is one click to check it.  How is that Ebays fault.  This seller has plenty of negs so a quick look could have saved all the angst

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply