AU post sooo s l o w

In the past 2 weeks or so have noticed parcels via AU post slowed so much that they get delivered after ebays estimated time by 2 to 5 business days.

Within 1,000km from here it can take 7 to 15 business days when it use to be half this a month ago. Around the same time frame beyond 1,000km..

Anyone else having problems like this ?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: AU post sooo s l o w

Most likely 90% of ebayers are finding this.

# 1. Aust Post has millions of items daily to send (not just eBays). It is frustrating and only made worse by #2

# 2. eBay give a totally non realistic ETA  window!!

Note - Xmas is just around the corner and things are going to get slower, hopefully buyers will understand this, but not holding my breath for that LOL

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I got a large letter registered item (reknowned to be slowest way to post) from regional NSW to regional WA in 3 days last week. I nearly choked when the AP app notified me that it had been delivered. I thought I was seeing things. By the same token, it took 3 days to get an express satchel from regional NSW to Cairns. Normally express is 2 days from here.

A lot of sellers now are extending their handling time to try and counteract the unrealistic estimates. The ones that don't usually like to retain their premium seller badge. You have to remember that the estimates are just that, estimates. They're not guarantees.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

AP have been pretty good, generally, with my eBay sale items - two out of about 500 have gone missing, and I've been credited on one of those.

Having said that, I have an item Not Received dispute on an item sent in early September (metro Mebourne to Bundaberg), which is still showing as "in transit" four weeks later. Sent a replacement item out on Monday - guess what? That one's still "in transit" too, at the dreaded Sunshine West mail centre (where parcels go to die)...

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Did your missing parcel coincide with the mail truck fire that was mentioned on the selling forum?

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

getting worst and better...i parcel took 17 business day and another 4 at around the same distance and  in the same states....ah yes, getting close to the silly season.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@4myson2003 wrote:

getting worst and better...i parcel took 17 business day and another 4 at around the same distance and  in the same states....ah yes, getting close to the silly season.

I've always found things speed up in the lead up to the "silly season". I sign a lot more safe to go via air stickers than any other time of the year. Last year I was getting parcels to Cairns in 2 days from regional NSW and 3 days to rural Qld. Last week it took 4 days to go to Cairns via express.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply