Absolutely no response from seller after payment, no tracking number, not mark posted.

donut1.6
Community Member

I bought an arcade stick from a seller based in Melbourne on Monday and paid the same day, I expected the item to be shipped out on Tuesday, but it wasn't, so I send out an email on Tuesday night, again yesterday, no response or anything.

What should I do? How long should I wait before opening a case? And do I go through eBay money back guarantee or go through Paypal like before? What is the difference?

Message 1 of 152
Latest reply
151 REPLIES 151

Absolutely no response from seller after payment, no tracking number, not mark posted.

I'm one of the 2% no smart phone but I know how to change my ID on ebay as do probally 100% of the 2%. How many of the 98% don't know how to change IDs on ebay.

Message 121 of 152
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:
no need to drill or damage the item to stop your joystick from the wobbles . . . . . just use this stuff . . . . . .

blu tack.JPG

. . . . . and the best thing is that it will let you play with your big plastic joystick with rubber coating and wobble it around all over the place while you play with yourself for hours and it will not budge or leave stains on the table. Does changing hands make it bend the other way?   I hear that gamers often stain the table after playing with their joystick! Just shoot me!

Cat SurprisedCat EmbarassedCat LOL

rotflmao-smiley-face.gif

Message 122 of 152
Latest reply

Mmmmm, interesting.....
So if i were to buy it, how would you as a seller (keeping in mind all the advice you were given) be able to help resolve the "it wobbles when i play with it".
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 123 of 152
Latest reply

probally something like - yeah this is a common fault due to it being a big piece of plastic, what everybody does is stick some rubber feet on the bottom and hey presto no wobble.

Message 124 of 152
Latest reply

investmenttechnology Community Member
11:09 AM
no, I'll upgrade to claims for full refund if I can't sell it at $160.
~~~
Did your smart phone tell you that or did you really read anything any body said?
Message 125 of 152
Latest reply

In finance (and in real life), it is always rational to keep options open until near the expiration date, as options have a value know as Time Value, together with Intrinsic Value makes up the Option Premium.

Right now, it makes no sense for me to close the dispute since there is no evidence of Intrinsic value, and closing the dispute means I would lose all my Time Value as well.

Keeping the dispute open (choice A) will allow me do to more than closing the dispute (choice B), therefore A is worth more than B, the difference between A and B (A-B), is the Time Value which can be calculated by binomial pricing model.
Message 126 of 152
Latest reply

I'm sorry but no, that's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

I told you earlier in the thread that a dispute is not there to demand (immediate) attention from the seller; nor is it there to hedge your bets. 

And frankly, the fact that you have not mentioned the "wobble" issue in your own ad suggests it's really not that much of an issue at all, because surely you wouldn't be the kind of person to pass off a defective unit without mentioning the defect would you? And if you are, you certainly can't have a problem with the seller doing so, because that would make you a hypocrite as well.

But if you're not the kind of person who would do that, that means you're lying about the defect in the first place...

So which is it? 

Message 127 of 152
Latest reply

investmenttechnology Community Member
11:49 AM
In finance (and in real life), it is always rational to keep options open until near the expiration date, as options have a value know as Time Value, together with Intrinsic Value makes up the Option Premium.

Right now, it makes no sense for me to close the dispute since there is no evidence of Intrinsic value, and closing the dispute means I would lose all my Time Value as well.

Keeping the dispute open (choice A) will allow me do to more than closing the dispute (choice B), therefore A is worth more than B, the difference between A and B (A-B), is the Time Value which can be calculated by binomial pricing model.
~~~
Soooo its A - im keeping dispute open because that gives me the power, while i lie ither on ebay or gumtree. Or
B- close the dispute because i lie on ebay or gumtree.
I call BS to you, you blaintly ignore any question put to you, or any suggestion, instead you act like a little kid asking mummy " what should i do??".
Im keeping the web link for this thread and forwarding it on because you are breaching ebay rules extortion to the seller.
Message 128 of 152
Latest reply

Good luck bro.

Message 129 of 152
Latest reply

@kuromusha1 wrote:
They should install eBay app, receives messages instantly.

That may be so, but not everyone is able to have access to technology while they are at work. I don't have access to a computer in my job (oh the horror!) apart from the intranet (no internet access at all). I also don't have much in the way of internet access on my phone due to the location of my department being behind several lead lined walls. I am also not allowed to carry my phone on me while I am working, I am only allowed to use it on my break. If I am caught with my phone on me during work time, I get an official reprimand. 3 of those and I'm out the door.

Just this last weekend my work hours were as follows. 2.30pm to 11pm on Friday. Only problem is, I didn't actually finish until 4am. From 4.30pm to 4am, I DIDN'T GET A BREAK. Saturday was 1pm to 9.30pm. I got home at 3.30am. From 5pm to 3.30am I DIDN'T GET A BREAK. Sunday I was supposed to start at 9.30am but didn't start until 10.45am. Supposed to finish at 6pm. I finished at 5am. I DID NOT HAVE A BREAK BETWEEN 10.45AM AND 5AM apart from a single bathroom break.

The nature of some people's jobs is that they can't have 24/7 access to eBay, regardless of whether they have a smartphone or not. I knew I was probably getting messages, which it turned out I was, but there was absolutely nothing I could do about it until I got home in the wee small hours of Monday morning. Even then, it was a case of a quick reply and straight to bed, ready to do it all again on Monday. I didn't work yesterday and managed to catch up with everything.

Don't just assume that because you demand instant replies that people are in a position to do that. Not everyone works 9-5 Mon - Fri. Some of us work obscene hours and sometimes obscene amounts of unexpected overtime. Overtime that there is no choice but to do because that is the nature of the job when working of a weekend.

Message 130 of 152
Latest reply