Absolutely no response from seller after payment, no tracking number, not mark posted.

donut1.6
Community Member

I bought an arcade stick from a seller based in Melbourne on Monday and paid the same day, I expected the item to be shipped out on Tuesday, but it wasn't, so I send out an email on Tuesday night, again yesterday, no response or anything.

What should I do? How long should I wait before opening a case? And do I go through eBay money back guarantee or go through Paypal like before? What is the difference?

Message 1 of 152
Latest reply
151 REPLIES 151

Absolutely no response from seller after payment, no tracking number, not mark posted.

I had a few sales on Monday who paid and I never got the emails through, it was only because I logged into paypal and saw the payment that I realized what had happened. The message system from Paypal and eBay are not always 100%

You brought the item 8:27 PM Monday Night and opened a dispute now?

That is really unfair

Message 21 of 152
Latest reply

What I want to know is,  how did the system allow the dispute to be opened so soon?

Anybody read the OP's fb left for others?

Oh, and I think someone just made it onto a lot of special lists

Message 22 of 152
Latest reply

No worries, if you're not going to post the item within 3 working days, and refuse to response message, then I do not want to buy from you.
Message 23 of 152
Latest reply

Excuse me? I'm a horror story, I paid, I tried to communicate with the seller, I'm opening another channel to trying to communicate with the seller and i'm the bad guy while the seller takes my money and does nothing.

All you bad and unresponsive sellers can block me and get the @!#$ out.

Message 24 of 152
Latest reply

I'm sorry that is just so unfair - the seller will now get a defect - what for?  just because he didn't answer a message that we are not sure he got

Postage time clearly says that you will not receive your item until about 11 March - today is the 5th March.   What is the dispute for?

the 11 March is the estimated delivery date if you buy it today. I bought it on Monday, and my estimated delivery date is 06 March. And the probably seller didn't even send it out, which is why I'm wasting my precious time trying find out!

Message 25 of 152
Latest reply

I'm sorry I misunderstood about the delivery time, but the essence of my post remains:    if the estimated time of delivery is 6 March, it is unfair to open a dispute any earlier.

Message 26 of 152
Latest reply

@investmenttechnology wrote:

Excuse me? I'm a horror story, I paid, I tried to communicate with the seller, I'm opening another channel to trying to communicate with the seller and i'm the bad guy while the seller takes my money and does nothing.

The end of that sentence, which I've bolded, is nothing more than an assumption you have made, which is why I said what I said.

A PayPal dispute is called a dispute for a reason, it is to put the tranaction into dispute, and at this stage you had no valid reason for doing so - because you only don't like that the seller hasn't told you they've posted the item, and that's not a disputable "offence".

I understood the lack of communication was a worry for you, I even to a degree get that sometimes, you just want an indication that an order has been received and is progressing, but that is ultimately a preference not an absolute need in order for the transaction to progress. If the seller received your message and chose not to respond, then that would be a different matter and I certainly wouldn't advise any seller to ingnore a legitimate question from a customer, but ultimately none of use here, including you, know why that message wasn't responded to, so I would think the most logical thing to have done is send a second message, not open a dispute. 

Message 27 of 152
Latest reply

It's not like I'm escalating it to a claim or anything, just asking the seller what it has not been mark posted, why there is no tracking number and why he has not responded to my messages.

I'm sorry what is unfair here?
Message 28 of 152
Latest reply

I send multiple messages already, what more do you want from me?

And this lack of communication will certainly be reflect in a big fat red negative feedback at the end of the dispute, unless the seller can prove to me that he did not receive my messages due to ebay system error and that he did add tracking number and marked it as posted.
Message 29 of 152
Latest reply

@investmenttechnology wrote:
It's not like I'm escalating it to a claim or anything, just asking the seller what it has not been mark posted, why there is no tracking number and why he has not responded to my messages.

I'm sorry what is unfair here?

Exactly the point - you are not "asking the seller ... "   anymore - you have opened a dispute, which can only be opened as "item not received"    not a dispute because he won't answer me

So the seller gets an automatic defect, before the time for delivery has even expired.

See?   Unfair.

Message 30 of 152
Latest reply