Advanced Search Error

When I try to do 'Find a member' Advanced Search, I constantly get this error :

We're sorry. We can't continue because of one of the following reasons:
  • The numbers entered don't match the image. Please change the image and try again.

But the numbers match and after five tries of correct numbers, I'm thinking that either I'm insane or ebay is. So is it just me or a glitch?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Advanced Search Error

It's Friday. eBay site maintenance.

Try again later or tomorrow.

image host
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Advanced Search Error

queenwaldorf, I accidentally gave your post a kudos (thinking I was clicking "reply"). I would rather leave the kudos there than revoke it; there is something so ... mean about revoking a kudos except in cases where the post is thoroughly wrong or nasty!

Re the Advanced Search Error - that's been happening for me for at least two weeks, and in spite of cache clearing, cookie deleting, etc. I did wonder whether eBay had decided to remove the functionality without going to the bother of removing the actual button.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Advanced Search Error

No biggie countess. You can just click on and off on the kudos as many times as you like.

I do remember someone else having the same problem a few weeks ago so perhaps there is a reoccurring glitch.

image host
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Advanced Search Error

Yes Queen, I've had the same problem intermittently over the last few weeks as well, it seems to come good of it's own accord though.

eBay making our buying and selling experience "entertaining" perhaps?    original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Advanced Search Error

Not just today! I've tried since Wednesday.
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Advanced Search Error

That's okay, I don't really care about the kudos thing so you can remove it if you like!

It's possible, they like to do things halfway. Never mind the rest of us.
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Advanced Search Error

I'll keep trying then, maybe it will work on the third Sunday of every month at exactly 3:46pm or something.

I think they like to mess with us to entertain themselves. They're probably all sitting in a room somewhere laughing and plotting what to screw with next.
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Advanced Search Error

@queenwaldorf wrote:

I think they like to mess with us to entertain themselves. They're probably all sitting in a room somewhere laughing and plotting what to screw with next.

Unfortunately I reckon that half of the so-called techs haven't got a clue what they're doing when they mess around with functions on eBay......................mind you it probably accounts for a roaring trade with the bottleshops, and ER's.............original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply