After payment has cleared, when should a seller post the item.

I bought and paid for the item on 2nd August.  It is now the 7th and the phone has still not been sent?  After payment is done, shouldn't the seller post it immediately?

Should I be worried now and report then to ebay?

I picked them and paid them a little more for the item because they were a top seller, with lots of good reviews.

Message 1 of 75
Latest reply
74 REPLIES 74

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Karen, if it is the Samsung phone you only bought it late on Friday.  The seller says they will try to post within 2 business days, which is only today.

If you are only going by the fact that it is not marked as posted, don't worry as a lot of sellers do not mark it at all.

As it is supposed to be shipped Express post you will probably have it in the next day or so.

Message 2 of 75
Latest reply

How do you know the item was not posted?  Not every seller marks items as posted.  How did you pay?  You cannot be sure when does the payment clear.  How far has the phone travel?  It will have to go by road so it will take several days  if in another city, it may take close to couple of weeks if it is going from one side of Australia to another.

The 2nd was Thursday, so it is very likely the seller would not be able to post until Monday the earliest.

As long as you paid with PP there is nothing to worry about.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 3 of 75
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Super nova, the OP bought a Samsung phone late on Friday, not on Thursday as she has posted.  And the seller says that they try to post within 2 business days.......

Message 4 of 75
Latest reply

Just to clarify supers point, phones with batteries are not allowed to be sent by air, so must be sent by road.

Batteries can be a potential hazard.

image host
Message 5 of 75
Latest reply

Just to clarify supers point, phones with batteries are not allowed to be sent by air, so must be sent by road.

Batteries can be a potential hazard.

Yep.. And if Australia Post pick it up as a battery then it will get sent regular

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 6 of 75
Latest reply

patch....what happenned to your body...I liked the other one....:-(

don't take life too seriously.......it's not permanent
Message 7 of 75
Latest reply

Lyndal, how would you know I purchased the item on Friday and not Thursday. It is true, I bought it on Friday.  I made a mistake putting the 2nd August. I looked at my purchase history and it said I paid by paypal on 2nd August, that is why.

I guess, I am also a bit concerned, because I sent the seller a message about 18 hours ago, more than enough time during the business day to respond.

The phone is coming from Melbourne, Australia by express shipping.

Message 8 of 75
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Karen, anybody can see what you have bought by clicking on Advanced Search at the top of the page and searching by Bidder.

I do not think you have anything to worry about....just wait for a while and see if the phone arrives. The listing indicates it will be sent tonight

Message 9 of 75
Latest reply

If you have not received the phone within a 2 week period then contact the seller and ask them to follow it up. Way too soon to be concerned yet, and many sellers never mark things as posted. Lack of reply to an email within a short timeframe is not necessarily an indication of anything wrong.

Integrity is priceless.
“I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating”. Sophocles
Message 10 of 75
Latest reply